Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for full-time Banquet Captains for day and evening shifts. Reporting to the Banquet Manager, the Banquet Captain will support the banquet team in all junctions from pre-event to service to post event including food/beverage setup of meeting rooms for business and social functions.
What We Offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining, and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina);
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands;
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of the number one hotel in Kelowna, per TripAdvisor.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the day-to-day operation of the banquet department concerning service, staffing, uniform checks, room set-up/break down and point of contact with guests
- Actively participate in providing guest solutions and consistently exceed guest expectations for service delivery.
- Oversees all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time
- Inspect banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and ensures sufficient supplies and equipment are available for the function
- Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and manager's instructions
- Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to Resort standards
- Communicates frequently with fellow supervisors and banquet managers as to the progress of the event
- Guides, directs, and motivates banquet staff including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Always promote and maintain a positive working relationship with banquet and hotel team members
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of all department/resort policies, procedures and standards
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests
- Act as the lead contact person for the onsite guest.
- Hold pre‐shift meeting reviewing BEO and reviewing a selected service standard.
- Communicate all service requirements to the respective crew members in an efficient and effective way
- Have full and complete knowledge of the food menu, dessert menu, coffee and tea menu as well as all other beverage menus and the wine list. To know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes. To be able to guide the guest through the menu and make any suggestions or recommendations in the guests’ interest. To be able to answer any guest question about food items, beverages and wines in an informative and helpful way.
- Be aware of all cashier procedures and the handling of all payment methods.
- Understand and follow all POS procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all work areas and stations are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Perform and supervise the set-up and break down of all functions rooms as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set banquet standards
- Understand how to operate all the equipment used in the restaurant and hotel and to protect all assets in the restaurant and in the hotel
- Assist all guests (internal and external) with any enquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner
- Actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager pertaining to total quality service delivered
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years banquet or related food and beverage experience is required
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle unpredictable situations in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work well under-pressure
- Must hold Serving It Right certification
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- Availability and flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays - The role is primarily shift based that are typically, but not limited to, afternoons, evenings and weekends depending on business volumes.