STATION HILL CAMPUS TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Reports to: Media
Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: Immediately
Primary Officing Campus: Station Hill
The Station Hill Regional Campus Technical Director is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Media
Director, for overseeing and facilitating the campus-specific media and production needs at the Station Hill campus.
Working closely with the Media Director as well as the campus worship minister, this role interfaces with worship
leadership and a volunteer media team to ensure that Sunday services and weekly events have the appropriate level of
media and production support.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
• Being on site during the Sunday morning services in order to lead and oversee the media ministry and volunteer
team. If absent, responsible for identifying a qualified and suitable substitute to fulfill this role.
• Recruiting, training, and scheduling the media volunteers for the campus, with training support from the Central
Support media staff available as needed.
• Meeting weekly with the worship minister on site to prepare together for weekend services.
• Preparing ProPresenter files with media for Sunday service playback, including slides, videos, and lyrics.
• Preparing front-of-house and broadcast audio consoles for each week’s service, including creating/uploading
channel presets for singers.
• Providing leadership and guidance to staff and volunteer teams responsible for preschool, children, and student
ministry services in associated worship venues.
• Being a presence at Wednesday evening activities, providing production support as needed.
• Recording/editing/uploading weekly audio podcasts and video on demand of services.
• Performing routine preventative maintenance on production equipment.
• Keeping a clean and organized environment on stage, backstage, in machine rooms, and at tech booths.
• Coordinating production details for events requiring tech support, including weekly Student ministry services.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
• Mid-week work on site to prepare for upcoming events, weekend service preparation, and to meet with campus
staff as necessary
• Maintaining a “dotted-line” support relationship with the campus worship minister and other campus leadership
to offer campus-specific support for worship services and events
• Maintaining ongoing communication with Central Support Media staff for campus-wide best practices and
• Attending regular meetings with Central Support Media staff to assess appropriate level of central support
• Management of Media departmental budget
• Completing other duties as assigned by supervisor
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that
possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
• Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
• Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
• Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
• Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
• Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
• Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty
• Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
• Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
• Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
• Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
• Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
• Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
• Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the Knowledge, Attitudes, Skills, and Habits necessary to be successful
in this role
• Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
• Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future
• Working knowledge of audio, video and lighting systems
• Working knowledge of video production, including non-linear editing software
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• A growing relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by participation in personal and/or small group Bible
study and regular worship opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s or associate degree with a concentration in studio audio or live production, and either:
o 2 years consistent experience as a key/lead church media/production volunteer
o 2 years experience as church media/production staff
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity
operating as a whole and permanent part of Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment
characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics
to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled