New Higher Rates, Flexible Shifts and $5,000 Sign-on Bonus Available
- Evening 3:00 pm- 11:00 pm
- Overnight 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
We currently have a need for a Registered Nurse at our Marian Manor community. The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for the care of a group of residents: exercises autonomy by independent decision making related to resident care issues and problems; utilizes the nursing process by assessing planning, implementing and evaluating care in accordance with established standards; collaborates with and direct other health care team members in providing care to assigned residents.
- Evaluates resident’s needs, condition and care, and assists in developing nursing care plans for individual residents, including rehabilitative and restorative activities and instruction in self-help.
- Admits and orients new residents.
- Checks physician orders, transfer and pre-admission information. Reviews the resident’s medical history and social history.
- Requisitions and arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by the physician within or out of the facility. Orders prescribed medications, requisitions supplies and equipment.
- Performs supervisory duties as required.
- Forwards diet orders to dietary department.
- Assembles resident’s charts, assures all permits, authorizations and releases and other required forms are attached.
- Transcribes physician’s orders to resident’s Medical Administration Record (MAR) and Treatment Administration Record (TAR) in resident record.
- Periodically reviews care plans with resident’s physician and nursing team.
- Maintains narcotic records, unit records, and performs charting duties.
- Orients and supervises training of new nursing employees.
- Provides instruction and supervises assigned employees.
- Assists other nursing staff in providing care to residents.
- Performs and/or supervises individualized personal care for residents in accordance with the established nursing care plan and within scope of licensure.
- Collects data, reports and records assessments for residents’ condition.
- Assists physicians with procedures and examinations.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Makes referrals for spiritual and psychological needs to appropriate personnel.
- Performs, assigns or supervises service duties and specific assignments such as cleaning instruments and equipment, collecting specimens, cleaning work areas and replacing supplies.
- Attends required continuing education programs and unit staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and staff information.
- Anticipates and takes action to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily work practices.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in good standing or a Temporary Practice Permit required.
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- Appropriate clinical knowledge of nursing care, significant signs and symptoms of disease, sterile and aseptic techniques, nursing procedures and treatment, and developed skills to provide technical nursing care required.
- Previous experience as a Registered Nurse in long term care preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $27.00 - $32.40/hour
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.