Job Title: LOGISTICS Coordinator
Reports To: Regional Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt. Salaried. Paid bi-weekly.
This position will have multiple operational responsibilities in the areas of Customer Service and Carrier Relations, all designed to promote the growth and profitability of Epes Logistics Services, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Act as the liaison between client, carrier, shipper, and receiver while managing the movement of the client’s goods, ensuring that they are picked up, transported, and delivered on time to meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
Significant telemarketing and collaboration with Regional Director of Operations to develop new business and identify new opportunities for Epes Logistics.
Develop a target account list that will be subject to continual additions.
Determine unprofitable or below-market rates within customer rate schedule and propose increases or adjustments as needed.
Determine and evaluate customer needs, prepare sales presentations, negotiate and formulate rate proposals, provide needed customer service follow-up, and prepare sales correspondence as needed.
Enter orders for load pick-ups which will provide accurate customer billing and carrier settlements.
Monitor customer activity on a daily, weekly, and annual basis to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, lane analysis, on-time performance, and new activity trends.
Resolve customer concerns and complaints and develop action plan to reduce service failures.
Responsible for securing adequate capacity for freight booked in assigned region.
Responsible for decisions and implementation of pick-up and delivery to ensure customer requirements are met.
Responsible for tracking and tracing loads enroute, scheduled for pick-up, and those with delivery status.
Responsible for tracking affiliate carriers via the software for on-time service.
Coordinate and monitor performance of affiliate and partner carriers.
Work with dedicated carriers to ensure commitments are met.
Provide after hours support for critical issues as needed.
Discuss and coordinate plans with the Regional Director of Operations to ensure maximum profitability and customer service.
Adhere to and comply with Federal, State, DOT, OSHA, and Company rules and regulations.
Demonstrates support to the Epes Carriers, Inc. Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
Work with the Vice President of Quality to establish and promote a true quality improvement process to include the ISO 9001 at the company with the involvement of all personnel.
Perform other duties as assigned or become necessary.
. Customer Service and Carrier Capacity
· Ensure customer pick-up and delivery schedules are met
· Ensure that customer concerns or complaints are dealt with on a timely basis
· Development of new business
· Problem Resolution
· Process Improvement
· Record Accuracy and Integrity
· Timely and accurate performance of duties.
· Quality input to Corporate and departmental objectives.
· Ability to exceed ISO 9001 audit expectations.
· Identification of areas needing improvements and implementation of corrective measures.
· Effectiveness of employee relations; employee development and training.
· On time service percentage to customers
· Gross margin dollars versus budgeted margin dollars
· Maintain a positive behavior standard by acting and communicating in a manner that is professional and helps you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
None assigned at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum high school diploma. Some college preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years related experience.
· Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
· Excellent work history with proven track record.
· Excellent data entry skills—accuracy is very important.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task
· Decision making skills
· Analytical skills
· Growth and sales oriented
· Ability to pass pre-employment drug test.
· Professional, clean, neat appearance.
· No convictions of serious crimes.
· Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information and speak before groups of employees and outside consultants and respond to questions/comments from the same.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS:
· Ability to work independently. Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
· Ability to plan and organize workload. Ability to handle very detailed information.
· Ability and flexibility to handle work pressure and work with interruptions.
· Ability to meet work processes deadlines.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities.
· Ability to function as a team player.
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees, vendors, consultants, and auditors.
· Willing to learn and accept responsibility.
· Strong knowledge of acceptable Epes Logistics Services, Inc. standards.
· Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
· Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors, and customers.
· Ability to integrate and analyze data.
· Excellent mathematical skills in adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and analyzing rates.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to determine reasonableness of detail and summary information as related to accounting reports. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally roll or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will work on a computer and simultaneously use the telephone more than 90% of the time and must have good hand/finger dexterity. The employee will also be required to travel various distances as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.