Job Title: Seasonal Machine Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA: Non-exempt (1st Shift 6:30am - 2:30pm)
Job Summary – Operate manual and semi-automatic pneumatic tools and machinery. This position requires the operator to have good manual dexterity and ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ensures proper assembly of product parts to produce handheld/backpack sprayers and pump assemblies.
- Inspects final product for (completeness, functionality, proper fit) before forwarding to the next station in the assembly process.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate level of sub-assemblies to complete the task.
- Ensure that the time, material and wastage is minimized.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic reading, writing, and machine operation skills are required to perform manual tasks.
- Ability to use hand tools such as a screwdriver or a small pneumatic press to assemble parts.
- Ability to follow step-by-step instructions and perform defined activities to completion. Standard procedures are established.
- Ability to meet established quality and productivity standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or GED - This is an entry-level position; No training or experience is required.
Seeing: This individual must be able to read instructions or diagrams and work with small machine parts, tools, and equipment. Hearing/Talking: Must be able to communicate with others by means of spoken words. Must be able to follow verbal instructions. Limited portions of the workday require talking.
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Must be able to maintain mobility. This position requires the operator to stand for extended periods of time. Sitting is limited to break periods.
Climbing/Reaching: Climbing is not required in this position. Major portions of the day require reaching for parts.
Bending/Stooping/Kneeling: Occasional bending/stooping or kneeling to obtain materials.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to use hands and fingers to work with parts, tools, and equipment. Manual dexterity is essential to this position.
Lifting: Frequent lifting of up to 10 pounds; infrequent lifting up to 25 - 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment. Exposure to moving mechanical parts; moderate exposure to extreme heat/cold.