St. James Parish is hiring an Information Technology Support Technician under the Department of Emergency Preparedness.
The Information Technology (IT) Support Technician is responsible for assisting the IT Department in addressing the needs of end users. The IT Support Technician will also be required to assist any end user or vendor with any technology that the IT Department supports. The IT Department is responsible for system management including implementation of new electronic technology, network maintenance, security, resource monitoring, reporting, technology repairs, technology installations, software installation and support. It is extremely important to the organization that the IT Department offer the highest reliability to all users. These users are defined as but not limited to all Parish Government, Sheriff’s Office, Assessor’s Office, Clerk of Court, County Agent and Fire Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist the Information Technology Department in the response to end user needs
· Support the end user with technical issues including but not limited to PC hardware maintenance/installation, software support, and printing
· Provide orientation and guidance to end users with use of new software and hardware
· Install and Terminate Network Cabling
· Work closely with end users requiring hardware/software upgrades or any other technology related issue
· Participate with vendors in the assessment, maintenance and repair of technology utilities in the IT Department
· Fulfill departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education
· Any and all duties assigned by the Director
· This is an emergency essential, non-exempt position
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Experience with setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices, network cable installation and termination
· Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment and from time to time may work in outside weather conditions, extreme heat/cold.
St. James Parish is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. The parish will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, agree or political affiliations.