Director of Compliance
Reports to: Sr Vice President of Quality
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
As the Director of Compliance at Vertava Health, you will work closely with team members across multiple departments to uphold and develop standards and policies to reduce compliance risks, identify, investigate, and address all instances of alleged and actual noncompliance; as well as promote compliant and ethical behavior throughout the organization. You will leverage exceptional communication skills to serve both internal and external customers, clients, and patients. As part of the Quality Department you will be welcomed into a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Priority responsibilities include:
· Identifies, assesses, and prioritizes facilities in the areas of risk, survey preparedness, and clinical programming
· Provides support for Quality/Compliance/Risk functions by assisting with onboarding De Novo projects, acquisitions, and existing locations
· Assists facility staff in coordinating the investigation, processing, and defense of complaints for accrediting bodies, regulatory agencies and MCOs
· Completes onsite visits to assigned facilities to assist with survey preparation and follow-up, and completes standardized Compliance audits
· Submits regular reports to the executive team outlining activities, high risk or problem prone facilities and priorities
· Directs projects, executive-sponsored initiatives, regulatory audits or exams, risk assessments; audit planning, conducts mock audits, conducts audit training, manages audit evidence preparation, assesses audit preparedness
· Leads compliance monitoring to identify process gaps, validates compliance levels, drafts corrective actions/remediation plans, oversees implementation of corrective actions, prepares reports/presentations
· Develops strategic plans, makes recommendations to leadership; assesses regulatory compliance in advance of external audits
· Develops strong relationships with key leaders and business partners to identify and address compliance risks and failures and manage action plans designed to fully mitigate compliance risk(s).
· Any and all other duties related to the position as assigned
· BSN, or Bachelor’s degree in a health or behavioral health related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred
· 5+ years operational experience in medical and/or behavioral healthcare. Substance Use Disorder treatment experience preferred.
· 2+ years leadership experience
· In-depth knowledge of State and Federal Statutes regarding Certification and Accreditation requirements
· Expert knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation process and familiarity with CARF accreditation requirements
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled