Delivery Driver/Warehouse Specialist
We are currently seeking an experienced Delivery Driver/Warehouse Specialist to join our team in Garden City, NY.
This position is primarily responsible for driving a box truck or delivery van over established route to deliver, collects cores and returns from customers, and makes change by performing the following duties personally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to deliver merchandise to customer's place of business.
- Collects cores/returned merchandise from customers, and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Records deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Places stock on shelves or racks.
- Sets up merchandise and sales promotion displays or issues sales promotion materials to customers.
- Collects or picks up empty containers/cores or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Loads truck.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside of truck.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift licensing and/or certification