WHO WE ARE
MILA was created to prove that doing good for the planet doesn’t have to come with compromise. Through trusted culinary innovation and a focus on internationally inspired flavor, MILA delivers an elevated, yet approachable, plant-based dining experience. Our premium casual restaurant concept was built with comfort, warmth, and a goal of bringing people together over a shared meal.
We are a locally owned, fast-paced fine dining restaurant in the heart Vancouver’s historic Chinatown. We believe that we have a responsibility to impart positive change in our community, the environment, and the world. We achieve that through sourcing sustainable food solutions and crafting innovative offerings to prove that eating vegan isn’t a sacrifice but an experience worth sharing.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Floor Manager with MILA, you are the standard-setter, possessing full knowledge of all job duties and requirements and ensuring meet or exceed MILAs base standards. Providing the necessary support and guidance to the team while maintaining consistent communication with management. The Floor Manager ensures that we are conducting service safely and efficiently, with the ability to be functional when called upon, to deliver the absolute best experience for guests and staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the opening and closing of the service floor on a daily/nightly basis to MILA’s opening condition standards.
- Execute a high level of customer service and relations, including checking guests, take and enter orders.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the food and beverage menu with the ability to guide guests through the offerings.
- Established and maintain a safe and clean working environment that meets or exceeds all regulatory standards, policies, and practices.
- Adhere to all food, beverage, employee, and public safety regulations.
- Develop and sustain positive, professional, and long-lasting relationships with the team, guests, and other restaurant partners.
- Manage the floor during service hours, overseeing all areas of the restaurant including the kitchen to ensure duties are carried out consistently and in line with MILA training.
- Ability to anticipate and manage issues that arise on shift, including staff concerns, scheduling issues and guest conflicts.
- Performing routine duty and performance audits on staff to ensure each task is carried out to standard.
- Facilitate the hiring, training, and development of team members with the support of the management team.
- Performing opening and closing cashouts.
- Execution of necessary function duties such as stocking stations, rolling cutlery, etc.
- Maintain consistent open lines of communication with the management team.
- Complete the Manager log each shift to support consistent team communication.
- Track and accomplish labour, discount, and sales goals.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ year(s) in a leadership position.
- 1+ year(s) working in the restaurant industry.
- Personal alignment with MILA’s vision, values, and team culture is considered an asset.
- Flexible schedule for working weekends and evenings.
- Exceptional customer service skills, partnered with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail, with a passion for executing tasks to a high standard.
- Firm knowledge of food and beverage health and safety initiatives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment.
- Use of time management skills, to prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment to support an efficient and smooth dining experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for working with and growing a team of dynamic individuals.
- 75% off meals up to $20/per shift.
- 20% off meals outside of working hours.
- FSEAP Mental Health resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.