YMCA of Greater Spartanburg
Willis Road Family YMCA
Title: Beast Mode Coach
FLSA Status: Part Time - Hourly
Reports To: Executive Director
Date Created: 6/3/2020
The YMCA of
Greater Spartanburg is looking for passionate health and fitness professionals to
join our team at the new Willis Road Family YMCA!
with the Christian Mission and Vision of the YMCA of Greater Spartanburg, and
in cooperation with our other YMCA branch staff, the Beast Mode Coach will help
train athletes of all levels in our Beast Mode Program in a safe, exciting and
- Lead classes through dynamic warm-ups,
mobility exercises, muscle recruitment/activation movements, skill work, Olympic
lifting, powerlifting and metabolic conditioning.
- Coach athletes through various progressions to
achieve desired outcome.
- Scale, modify or change workouts to meet
individual athlete needs or limitations.
Arrives at the branch YMCA in a timely manner in order to clock
or sign in and make necessary preparations to teach the class.
Track class/program participation through designated software
- Begins and ends classes on time.
- Is prepared to teach the assigned class by
establishing and announcing the class format and design. All
equipment and music is appropriate for the class.
- Keeps classes fresh by incorporating new
music, being interactive with members and bringing new ideas to the class.
- Responsible for leaving the room in a clean
and orderly condition, ensuring that all equipment is clean and returned
to appropriate storage areas.
- Works cooperatively with supervisor and fellow
instructors as part of a fitness team and demonstrates a team spirit by
substituting for other instructors when available.
- Acts as an ambassador for the YMCA, connecting
members by learning their names.
Essential Skills & Experience
Must have current CrossFit Level 1 Certification or higher.
- Must be proficient with exercises typically taught
in this format and able to instruct to all ability levels with proper
- Must hold a current CPR/AED, First Aid, Child
Abuse Prevention and BBP certification within 60 days of hire.
- Excellent member service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy,
kinesiology, & physiology.
- Marketing and sales ability.
- Ability to perform under stress and reach
- Excellent time management skills.
- Personal passion for health and fitness.
- Additional beneficial certifications including
CPT, CSCS or USA-W – Preferred
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled