- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work flexible shift (mainly 10 AM-5 PM) including weekends and holidays
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Greet the customer with a smile and welcome, answer any questions about menu items, take and fill the order, receive monies and provide correct change. Be sure to thank the customer for the business and ask them to return.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Be ready to serve with a smile.
- Enter order into the register computer (if assigned cashier duties), collect monies and return proper change.
- Keep all serving counters clean and neat at all times.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation standards and procedures.
- Be familiar with and able to explain menu selections.
- Prepare and sanitize all counters and work areas using prescribed standards and keep all serving counters and tables clean and neat at all times.
- Make certain all food items are in proper containers, at the proper temperature, and of good quality according to OSHA/DHEC standards.
- Prepare ticket in legible writing to present to the cook.
- If assigned cashier duties, enter the order in the computer, collect monies, and return change to the customer.
- Scoop ice cream, fill soda/coffee/tea requests and complete order selections for timeliness of service.
- Replenish food items and supplies as needed for uninterrupted service.
- After closing, remove food, store in proper containers and at the proper temperature to maintain freshness and prevent contamination.
- Sweep and wash floors, empty trash, clean glass doors.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must be able to operate a cash register.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The heat level in the work environment is usually very hot.