The Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance of the entire property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform service requests per work orders.
- Assist with apartment turnover procedures.
- Make regular inspections of grounds, building, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- May be responsible for grounds maintenance to include mowing, fertilization, and watering of lawn, as requested.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience in general maintenance to include heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing equipment, and carpentry.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to perform emergency maintenance as requested.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be capable of using an extension ladder to access roof, windows, and siding to make repairs as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) lbs.
- May be required to live on site.
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current Louisiana vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
- Must be able to pass a criminal history investigation
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Moderate noise levels. Frequent walking, grasping, carrying, bending, crouching, and reaching in order to perform duties for the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled