Class 1 Seasonal
-Seasonal Class 1 Drivers-
Dedicated to service and logistics excellence; we work side by-side with growers on farm, in the fields, ensuring the right products in the right place, at the right time.
Working in a fast paced environment the Seasonal Class 1 Drivers safely and efficiently deliver dry fertilizer from our CMN retail locations to our local customers within the Fort Saskatchewan area. They may also support internal transfer of product from one CMN location to another when required.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Unload trucks when necessary and required
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Adhere to the company Health, Safety & Environmental Program
- Handle all products with appropriate care; following all WHIMIS, refer to Safety Data Sheets and TDG standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 year experience driving applicable units
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to do physical labour and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Class 1 Drivers licence; clean abstract
Base location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Start Date: Approx April 17. 2023
End Date: Approx June 30, 2023
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position