Chef de partie - Gulfstream Restaurant
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you!
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $19.50 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a full time opportunity, weekend and evening availability is required .
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
- Brings a positive attitude into the kitchen every day, and treats all staff with respect.
- Always leading by example for all colleagues to see the proper food handling, execution and overall colleagues’ development within the work area.
- Is able to lead a team and operation to the fullest capacity.
- Challenges him or herself to be the best CDP possible, and encourages fellow CDP’s to do the same with an EQUAL TEAM EFFORT in mind.
- Review the daily production sheets and line check lists with the colleagues, even without the Chef being present. Prepares their own station and is required to delegate the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
- Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff and apprentices
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met.
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard, with completed check lists.
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum
- Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines.
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to restaurant chef or Chef in a timely fashion.
- Complete other job related duties as assigned by Restaurant Chef & Chef.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of his/her station
- Prepares lists of food products required for stations and production for food order
- Must have experience and be proficient in both a la carte and production cooking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- CDP’s, to follow Chefs expectations. Follow up, daily/ weekly/ monthly.
- Work with banquet cook to ensure all aspects of food standards are met.
- Ability to work solo or as a team
- Hard working, dedicated and reliable
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to solve problems as they arise, and anticipate upcoming issues
- Good communication skills, ability to take direction
- 7+ years Previous experience
- Valid food safe
- Red seal or 2nd year apprentice
- Displays professional leadership qualities
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.