We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our
team in Calgary, Alberta.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, team oriented, experienced and entrepreneurial individual to join our team as Senior Geotechnical Engineer based in Calgary, Alberta.
The primary role will be to provide full cycle project management and coordination for multiple geotechnical engineering projects with experience in tailings and dam design/safety review projects. This will include planning and participating in proposals/project cost estimates, technical analysis and reporting, monitoring project progress, project scheduling/resourcing, and adapting to client specific requirements. This position is responsible for using standard engineering methods, experience and ingenuity in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed testing, analysis, design or computational methods. The position will require both field and technical experience related to tailings management, dam design and dam safety review.
Engineers at Terracon are empowered to exceed client expectations. They are responsible for using their education, experience and passion for engineering to plan, design, investigate, analyze, report and provide recommendations on a number of exciting projects. Terracon Engineers take ownership over project execution and financial performance. This includes the prudent monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and costs. They must develop a rapport with new and existing clients by effectively communicating the superior service and results that our teams provide.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a highly technical individual with creative thinking to become part of a high-performing team!
· Project management and coordination of the design and construction aspects of geotechnical projects
· Planning, participating in, and managing projects including coordination, preparation of cost estimates, technical documentation, client reports, monitoring project progress, project scheduling/resourcing and meeting deadlines and budgets
· Preparation of technical and financial proposals
· Co-ordination and liaison with clients and subcontractors
· Training and mentoring junior staff
· Assistance with the development and compliance of QA/QC policies for technical work (field and laboratory)
· Includes active participation in the field as dictated by the needs of the project to meet client expectations and results
· Providing tailing management support and helping in tailing technology development
· Conducting dam safety review for mining projects
· Conducting geotechnical analysis including slope stability, seepage, consolidation and tailing deposition modelling and mass balance analysis
· Managing lab testing programs for tailing work
· Helping in the business development plan and building up a client base for tailing and dam safety projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mining or Geological Engineering; a Master Degree in Civil, Mining or Geological Engineering is preferable
- Minimum 10 years of experience conducting both field work and geotechnical analysis in tailings and dam safety review
- Registration or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. with APEGA
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Able to write and speak compellingly on both technical and non-technical topics
- Driver’s license with experience driving in resource development and construction settings
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while focusing on multiple projects
- Able to both work well in a team setting and by independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills and prioritizing ability
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to foster and help build client relationships
- Must have demonstrated a strong commitment to safety, for themselves and their co-workers
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D required
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Project, GeoStudio and Lpile an asset
- Experience with mine design software (i.e., MineSight, Vulcan and Surpac) and tailings deposition modelling tools (e.g. Muck3D) an asset
- Infrastructure and Mining experience is considered an asset
- This is a safety-sensitive position
The Company’s Overview and Mission
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.