Are you an emotionally intelligent Chef with a progressive career spent honing your craft and seeking to be a leader who brings others along? Do you long for interdepartmental collaboration and partnerships? If you are a patient, accountable person with a passion for growing teams and the need to lead your team to consistently deliver excellence, we want to talk to you!
Our ideal Executive Chef:
- Balances the discipline and structure of a brigade while innovating with the team in an approachable way
- Asks WHY not WHO
- Advocates for what is right, not what is easy
- Is a lifelong learner with an open mindset
In the role of Executive Chef, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of culinarians preparing high quality, made from scratch cuisine, in a fast paced, high volume environment. You will do this with a sense of ownership, inspiring your team to feel part of the Petro Hospitality family where everyone contributes to the vison and growth and of the organization.
Above all the ideal candidate is a relationship builder, they prioritize and clearly communicate tasks in a way that allows the team to learn without sacrificing guest satisfaction. They must thrive in an environment where the core values Do what it takes, love what you do, have fun doing it, leave it better and All for one and one for all are operationalized every day.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Lead, manage and hold culinary team accountable throughout the entire employee life cycle from hiring to necessary disciplinary actions
- Accountable for the consistent execution of production and pack out, ensuring the team is meeting brand and operational standards every time
- Set, maintain and improve standards for an inclusive work environment
- Infuse culinary teams with energy and positive service attitude by operationalizing our core values
- Maintain an updated Core Process, SOP documentation, Recipes and department specific collateral
- Accountable for accurate tracking of payroll and ensuring compliance with applicable policies and labor laws
- Daily follow up on post event comment sheets, revisions and customization
- Champion of creative solutions and initiatives to the department
- Collaborate on budget proposals and corresponding project management
- Hold culinary seat and related duties for weekly BEO meetings
- Daily and Monthly inventories in collaboration with the Purchasing department
- Ownership of innovative yet approachable menu development for seasonal catering menus and client custom requests
- Troubleshoots potential issues, offers solutions and train others to do the same
- Actively participate in leadership, organizational and department meetings
- Perform regular 1 on 1 meetings, shift meetings and reviews with direct reports
- Lead culinary team training for new menu tastings and seasonal menu roll out
- Perform standardized office duties such as production lists, scheduling, hiring, firing and onboarding of all culinary team members
- Empower and verify that all safety and sanitation guidelines are being met and exceeded in all kitchens and events operations sites, must be inspection ready at all times
- Work with the Director of Culinary Operations to set annual and quarterly goals that make the core values of the company actionable in our department
- Process development, training, execution and verification
- Recipe cards, building and costing
- Hands-on execution cooking and culinary training
- Minimum of 4 years as an executive chef, executive sous chef or equivalent in high volume catering or banquets
- Minimum of 10-year culinary experience with 5 years specifically in a catering or banquet field
- Manager level of ServSafe
- Computer proficient including Email etiquette, Word Documents, Excel Navigation, basic understanding of Microsoft 360, SharePoint or intranet usage
- Experience with Caterease catering software preferred, or advance BEO literacy
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Will occasionally be required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Insurable driving record with reliable transportation
Why work for Together & Company?
Together & Company and associated brands are woman owned businesses with the belief that diversity makes us better. We value our teammates for their unique perspectives and experiences, and we know that our diversity is what fuels our strength and innovation as individuals and a team.
Our values Do what it takes, Love what you do, Have fun doing it, Leave it better than you found it and All for One, One for all are more than a poster on the wall. We hire and retire by these values. Ours is a culture of accountability and feedback-from all perspectives. Leaders, managers and teammates alike are given and expected to give respectful feedback with the intent of making us better.
Company ownership comes to work every day for one reason-to create an environment in the hospitality field where we can develop people through transformational opportunities.
If you’re looking for “just a job” this probably isn’t your best option. If you want to belong to a family of people who care about what they do and each other...who want to be better, learn more, help others do the same and create some of the best whole-hearted hospitality experiences in Central Ohio...then welcome to the team.