We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and professional individual for the position of Licensed Massage Therapist at Berry Hill Spa in South Boston, VA.
Up to Par Management LLC selects only the most passionate and skilled hospitality professionals. Up to Par Management LLC is a premier management company creating lifetime memories for its members, guests, and associates through its profitable clubs, hotels, value-added services, and community relationships.
Our playful, yet professional attitude is what we live by.
Licensed Massage Therapist
South Boston, VA
Health & Relaxation Spa
Part-time / On-call position
Monday – Friday, flexible office hours
Must be flexible to work weekends
The spa massage therapist administers professional massage and body treatments for our guests. Including Healing waters spa treatment, helping with massage for nail services, cranial massage, and acupressure services. They must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, possess an understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific treatment offerings for our guests. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
They must hold and maintain a current VA massage therapists license.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be professional and courteous to our guests.
- Perform cleaning and restocking as needed.
- Actively promote the spa treatments, services, and retail.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Effectively and courteously inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Properly care for the equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost control.
- Communicate to manager any and all occurrences involving guests or staff in the spa that require attention.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with the spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered and attend and participate in all training and staff meetings.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling all obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks in a timely manner.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Job requires considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Must be able to make important decisions “in the moment” under high stress.
- Social Orientation - Job requires a preference for working with others rather than working alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Prior experience and proper state licensing preferred
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Must be able to work weekends
- Reliable transportation required
- Excellent customer service and sales skill
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Experience as a professional massage therapist
- Current and valid state license for massage therapy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability serve a variety of clientele
- Experience working in a spa or therapy center environment preferred
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have high-level attention to detail
- Ability to enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
We invite you to explore Up To Par and Taylor Hospitality.
Iconic architecture, a thriving social scene, beautifully landscaped spaces and an array of top-notch services. Berry Hill Resort located in South Boston, Virginia offers a unique and premiere guest and associate experience that combines the nostalgic essence of culture and sophistication with comfortable, modern conveniences.
Up To Par Management/Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs, hotels, restaurants, and associates.
Up To Par exists to positively impact others through our platform of professionally managed clubs, hotels, and restaurants by living our core values of ECHO Teamwork and culture of continuous improvement. Our commitment to career development has created loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our “Be Exceptional” atmosphere.