Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Coordinator
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Direct Reports: None
Overall coordination and support for all communications, media and public relations needs, including but not limited to writing news releases, developing and maintaining relationships with members of the media and developing content for ArtsQuest’s print and digital platforms.
- Write external and internal communications including news releases, announcements and articles.
- Schedule and arrange shoots and welcome media representatives, delivering exceptional service to our media partners and stakeholders.
- Work with the Operations, Performing Arts, Marketing and Hospitality teams on select program development and event scheduling/execution.
- Disseminate information regarding organizational events and initiatives.
- Create, update and maintain public relations records including information on the organization’s websites, branding messages and publications, both current and archived.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of marketing and public relations materials.
- Prepare external correspondence for Marketing and Public Relations as needed.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization and assist in staffing the Media Center during Musikfest and other select events.
- Attend and take notes during designated team and committee meetings.
- Assemble and communicate monthly and quarterly media relations reports to the appropriate boards and committees.
- Create and communicate information to lists of media partners and other constituents on an as-needed basis.
Archives/Public Relations Records
- Track all media coverage and create and maintain a storage system for all print and digital inventory to properly preserve the history of the organization.
- Assist the Marketing and Public Relations teams in recapping coverage after each major event.
- Provide support to the Director of Communications in their absence.
- Manage the inventory and send advertising and content reminders to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain ArtsQuest’s printed material inventory and work with Marketing to order branded materials when needed.
Note: As job descriptions cannot possibly list all types of activities that one may encounter in a position, the person holding the position may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties as assigned by their supervisor when necessary.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong relationship builder with an ability to communicate in a professional manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Business and/or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience writing for print and digital publications.
- Well-organized with an ability to function easily in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Exceptional time-management and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Additional experience with digital analytics, content management systems and/or email marketing platforms is preferred.
- At least one year of previous experience in a public relations, communications, marketing, or business administrative support role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job:
Regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing. Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds, and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable assistance.
Frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within one
mile of one another using reliable transportation. Employee is occasionally required to travel
offsite for business meetings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., however the employee must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours in order to support our events and activities throughout the year as needed.
The following qualities are desirable, but are not required:
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs.
- Previous Marketing or Public Relations support experience.
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity with the Lehigh Valley region.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
FLSA Status: Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.