Seeking experienced Property Management professional to oversee a portfolio of multifamily properties in the Texas market - DFW.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully managing multiple multifamily properties, utilizing superior communication skills and a positive “whatever-it-takes” attitude. Regional Property Managers directly supervise and work closely with the on-site Property Managers in their regions, to ensure implementation and execution of all corporate policies and procedures.
We are an Owner/Operator. Atlantic Housing Management, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF). AHF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing affordable housing to low- and moderate–income families, individuals, the elderly, and students. We are a “mission-driven” owner/operator with a “long-term hold” approach. AHF currently serves over 6,000 households, with 30+ apartment communities located in 22 cities and 3 states…and we are growing!
The Regional Property Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations, and will have the following credentials and qualifications (required for consideration for the position):
- At least 5-years prior experience in on-site multifamily property management
- College degree (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Professional Designation or Certification indicating property management expertise (e.g., CPM, ARM, CAM, or equivalent designation from a recognized MF industry organization).
- Prior experience with “Affordable housing” programs (e.g., Tax Credit, etc.) and related regulations (income and rent restrictions, LURA compliance, etc.)
- Proficiency with property management software (e.g., Yardi)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively recruit, retain, manage, direct, train, motivate and lead both Office and Maintenance personnel
- Prior experience evaluating employee performance, and coaching and developing team members
- Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reports (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc) detailing cash flow, budget variances, market studies, and business strategies
- Budget and Expense and Program Goals: Guide and advise property managers in developing annual budgets, and executing on same, including managing expenses and achieving company goals, including revenue, occupancy, social programs, and other aspects of the Foundation’s mission.
- Capital Improvements: Work with the Corporate Construction Manager and Director of Operations to review and inspect all capital replacement plans in the region, ensure all are within the scope of the approved budget.
- Market Research: Maintain detailed knowledge of local markets and competition, and develop tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Vendor Management: Solicit bids and negotiate with vendors.
- Tenant Relations: Assist on-site teams in tenant satisfaction matters.
- Routine Legal Matters: Guide and assist the on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
- Fair Housing and Legal Compliance: Remain abreast of federal and Florida legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing, EEO, OSHA, and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
- Process Improvement: Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Employee Reviews and Compensation: Review performance and recommend (or approve as appropriate) employee compensation decisions.
- Site Inspections: Personally inspect each property in the region on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
- Liability and Risk Management: Limit the Foundation’s exposure to frivolous lawsuits by working with the Compliance department in proper training and ongoing education for on-site personnel.
- A Passion for excellence, and genuine desire to Make a Difference
AHF and Atlantic Housing Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.
ATLANTIC HOUSING MANAGEMENT LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled