Full-Time Graphic Designer
FULL-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Lead Creative
The Graphic Designer is responsible for working on projects in the areas of print and website design as well as general marketing in support of the day-to-day operations of the ArtsQuest Marketing department.
- Work on and complete assigned projects based on priority and time sensitivity as determined by the Lead Creative.
- Design and layout projects including but not limited to ads, signs, banners, posters, rack cards, brochures, programs, billboards, digital screens (building & cinema), web ads, pins, merchandise items, website components, app graphics, business cards, stationary, maps, etc.
- Follow established guidelines for use of the ArtsQuest brand and logo. Assist in making sure that outside use of logo is compliant with branding strategies and guidelines and trademark regulation.
- Assist the Lead Creative in the scheduling and fulfillment of Artonomous Media ad packages
- Participates in departmental staffing at ArtsQuest events.
- Internal content aggregation for publications and promotional pieces.
- Data entry and research as needed.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining the graphics and photos drives. Includes archiving files.
- Assist the Marketing Department in various projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Marketing, Graphic and/or Web Design or Communication preferred, or equivalent level of work experience; computer programming and website design skills a plus.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Collaborative work style.
- Ability to work in an office environment in close vicinity with other employees.
- Ability to work outside in all kinds of weather when helping at events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing; see, distinguish color, sit, stand, walk, use a computer. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to lift up to 10 pounds frequently, and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
is frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of
one another using reliable personal transportation. Employee is occasionally required to travel
offsite for business meetings as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., however the employee must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours in order to support our events and activities throughout the year as needed.
The following qualities are desirable, but are not required:
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with modifying web content (Wordpress) or HTML.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement-savings plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select merchandise, visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.