Audio/Video Production Team - Canada Wide
Some participants will be offered additional opportunities through job shadowing, or training placements with industry professionals who are willing to mentor a youth in the industry.
Full-time summer employment contracts range from 8 -16 weeks, April through September. Post-secondary students are welcomed and encouraged to apply for this position as part of their program’s requirements for a co-op or work placement. Contracts for most roles are offered at the Ontario minimum wage.
Some roles follow a hybrid work structure where employees both work from home or in person, as needed, based on demands of specific tasks and/or personal work preferences. Working from the office/studio/meeting location is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration. Training and Workshops may be online or in-person, as needed.
Due to federal funding requirements for this position, eligible applicants must:
- Be 15–30 years of age on their first day of work
- Be a Canadian citizen, have a permanent resident card, or be protected under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (there is no requirement to be a student)
- Be present in Canada while working
- Hold a valid Social Insurance Number, and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Audio Engineers/Producers have a strong focus on audio capture, editing, mixing and live streaming events. They work to create and edit audio resources as needed for social media and marketing assets, internal and external-facing videos, and educational materials, as well as projects for member artists through our programs. Projects may include and are not limited to:
- Mix audio for training videos
- Mix audio for artist performance videos
- Mix audio for footage from public events
- Compiling recordings of performances and trainings
- All aspects of audio recording in our livestream studio
Video Director/Producers' skills will be critical in the creation of online video content, with a strong focus on creating video campaigns, editing live performance videos, creating graphic overlays, and live streaming music events. Projects may include and are not limited to:
- Editing training videos
- Editing artist videos
- Editing footage from public events
- Compiling photos and videos for company tutorials
- Capturing and broadcasting productions from the Livestream studio or remote locations as scheduled
Camera Operators assemble, set up, and operate a variety of technical equipment to capture and record all aspects of a production.
Studio Assistants set up and maintain equipment; communicate with artists and industry professionals; and participate in studio take-down and other post-recording duties.
AV Technicians manage the equipment and physical spaces used to record, mix and edit sound, music and videos, for recordings and live events. They support the creation of audio/video resources as needed for social media and marketing assets, internal and external-facing videos, and educational materials (print and digital). They also set up and take down equipment, as well as repair gear on site, or make arrangements for items to be repaired as needed.
Videographers operate video cameras, on location or in the studio, in the production of professional live and pre-recorded programming. They select, clean and perform maintenance (including some repairs) on recording equipment. They understand briefs and work creatively to produce the desired product, as well as stay up to date with industry trends and tools that will make projects more marketable. Additionally, they may use mobile devices to capture assets and quickly produce assets in the field.
Video Editors edit artist performance videos, online workshop and training videos, and footage from public events for on-demand playback.
Typical Work Hours at the Co-operative
- Regular hours Tuesday - Friday
- Rotational coverage for evenings and weekends as scheduled
- We are closed for all staff on Mondays
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.