Senior Developers at Coconut Software act as the technical lead for projects by creating solutions that meet market needs relating to architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance. Senior Developers oversee and mentor Junior / Intermediate Developers within the organization and are responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals. This role has a strong focus on business outcomes and the relationship between departmental development goals and overall company goals. The successful candidate for this role will understand how to motivate and engage a team while having the leadership skills needed to influence effective team work and task work throughout the development cycle in order to drive business outcomes. Finally, the candidate will partake in customer conversations to ensure the right value product or feature is being delivered.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Assist in requirements gathering, articulate updates, and subscribe to a customer first approach to software development
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with team members from all aspects of the organization beyond development to deliver complex updates.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Lead through mentorship while elevating junior and intermediate developers.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Ensure delivery schedule is on track and keep (internal) customers informed of the progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing / working with REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, etc)
- Strong understanding of GIT and associated workflows (pull requests, code reviews)
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably in (but not restricted to) PHP 7+
- Advanced understanding in server-side software development, preferably with (but not restricted to) Laravel, or CakePHP
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software is a venture backed Enterprise Customer Engagement Platform that is trusted by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatchewan by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like cabana days (paid time off on top of vacation) and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to take the next step in your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Share.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties (No seriously - they are pretty good)
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor