Combined X-ray Lab Tech or Medical Radiology Technologist
HealthPointe is a unique interdisciplinary healthcare clinic that provides patients with highly efficient, one-location access to a specialized medical team for accurate diagnosis, on-site advanced treatment options for patients with neck & back pain, chronic pain, and Sport Medicine.
HealthPointe Medical Centre requires a Part-time/casual (Combined X-ray Lab Tech (CLXT) or a Medical Radiology Technologist (MRT) – 1 day/week (may increase to 2 days/week), as well as the flexibility to cover vacation and personal days. The candidate is responsible for operating the fluoroscopy equipment to produce radiographs of the body for diagnostic and treatment purposes, as directed by an Interventionalist.
Patient care is the primary focus in our clinic environment. You will work closely with our multi-disciplinary team to ensure safe, evidence-based care is provided. Duties will vary depending on the clinic and patient population needs. Key elements of your role will be clear communication with the Interventionalist, patient support during procedures, and conferencing with the physicians and nurses in the Intervention Suite.
- Must be certified as a Combined Lab/X-Ray Technician in Alberta and registered in both lab and X-Ray with the ACCLXT or graduated from an accredited program in Medical Radiation Technology and registration with the ACMDTT is required.
- Previous fluoroscopy experience preferred. Multiple experiences/modalities are preferred, especially with C-arm.
- Possess a superior knowledge of general x-ray procedures and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of radiographic anatomy.
- Able to be self-directed and utilize critical thinking/
- Display superior interpersonal skills for effective communication with patients and peers.
Why HealthPointe Medical Centre?
At HealthPointe, health and wellness are paramount concepts for our organization. This is why we supply all our permanent employees with a medical, dental, life and disability program. Our benefits include:
· Health and dental coverage for our employees and their families
- Health Spending Account for our employees and their families
- Short term and Long term disability
- Employer matched Group RRSP program
Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$39.00 per hour
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.