Coconut’s Product Marketing Specialist/Manager will be responsible for communicating the “why,” “what,” and “when” of our product to potential buyers and internal teams while helping to execute the the go-to-market strategy and execution for Coconut, with the intention of driving new conversions and expansion within our existing customer base.
This is a role that is results driven and focuses on shaping product value and delivering relevant marketing materials for our customers that drive awareness, understanding, and growth while differentiating Coconut from our competitors. The right person for this role is an exceptional communicator with the ability to provide a comprehensive view of the market, our customers, and our competition through extensive collaboration with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Technical Support. They will also have an eye for design and experience in the creation of product marketing assets to support bringing our strategy to life.
The Product Marketing Specialist/Manager has a key role in delivering against customer needs, educating the market about our product, tracking metrics, reporting on shifts in the market, and inspiring widespread adoption across the Financial Services industry to contribute to overarching business objectives while serving as a product expert for teammates.
You’ll report into our Director of Marketing but work very closely with our Director of Product, Director of Customer Success and Sales teams.
- Be the expert on our customer and their urgent and pervasive pain points.
- Be a product advocate and storyteller, effectively and clearly conveying your message internally across Coconut, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry at events.
- Responsible for taking the thematic message and breaking it down for specific users and segments, making the message more relevant and tactical.
- Leverage market and customer information data including marketing platform touches, sales metrics, and software usage statistics to understand market and customer buying patterns and preferences.
- Assess and maintain market opportunities and segmentation to develop strategies for addressing new and existing targets.
- Provide in depth understanding of our customer base relative to where opportunities exist for add-on products and services.
- Work closely with Product to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers
- Research and understand the competitive landscape and our competitions positioning.
- Gather and analyze market and competitive information to create a point of view (actionable intelligence) to support product portfolio, new release launches, and to better position Coconut profitable growth.
- Build content and train the sales team on messaging around new features, solutions, and releases.
- Work with our Designer to create beautiful marketing assets that convey the value of our solutions to our clients and customers.
- Build, maintain, and update product marketing assets (product decks, product sheets, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target customers in the Financial Services industry.
- Support and drive new content and thought pieces for internal and external placement, supporting prospects and customers.
- The ability to quantify the value of our product to customers through exceptional ROI analysis skills.
- Support the strategic development of integrated marketing plans and deploy tactics to drive consumer awareness and consideration of Coconut’s product.
- Collaborative team player with excellent people skills and the ability to interact with customers and coworkers at all levels.
- 2+ years product marketing experience.
- Confident use of Adobe Software (Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop), Figma and Canva would be great.
- Has contributed to innovative product marketing launches.
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative market research.
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials.
- Exceptional writing skills, including go-to-market materials and customer case studies.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Experience in marketing Enterprise Software (B2B) at a SaaS company would be a great asset.
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 50 employees with (currently work from home) offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to launch your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Opportunity to work from home or remote
- Flex time
- Apple Equipment
- Internet Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- A People First Company - 4.6 rating on Glassdoor