The Sales & Marketing Operations Manager supports Coconut’s sales team by creating, evaluating, and optimizing data sets, sales processes and sales applications to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of Coconut Software’s sales. This role manages the sales funnel and sales administration, oversees business analytics and attainment planning, and directs Salesforce enablement. The Sales & Marketing Operations Manager plays a key role in scaling revenue maximization through processes and efficient resource management. In addition to setting strategy, optimizing processes, managing technology, and evaluating business insights from data and analytics, this role narrows in on key areas that are of the highest priority to our Sales and Marketing functions.
On the Marketing Operations side, this role focuses on campaign reporting, planning and budgeting, tracking lead attribution and influence, and ensuring proper marketing to sales hand-offs. On the Sales Operations side, this role focuses on sales productivity and effectiveness, forecasting, territory alignment, order management, and CRM administration.
- Manage and evaluate data to determine the effectiveness of a product or campaign and implement new sales and/or marketing plans to increase effectiveness where necessary.
- Create contracts that satisfy both company and customer needs.
- Source and manage data (accounts and contacts) for sales team to help drive sales prospecting efforts.
- Recognize past trends and forecast future sales.
- Administer and manage the sales compensation programs for Sales, Business Development and Customer Success.
- Plan strategies and future Sales & Marketing operations goals effectively.
- Build and help standardize business reporting for strategic analysis and internal business review.
- Enable sales productivity by simplifying processes and evaluating new tools.
- Create and maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and relevant sales training materials and assist with on-boarding new sales talent.
- Identify and eliminate sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and deliver regular insights to the business; define and deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for sales management.
- Assist with Salesforce, SalesLoft administration and project prioritization.
- Produce and review actionable and accurate sales reporting for sales team and leadership.
- Partner with Account Executives and Marketing to refine lead qualification process, and analyze and report on campaign performance with reporting and dashboards.
- Refine customer segmentation, assist with territory management, and help create a plan to enhance renewal and upsell processes.
- Support sales programs by updating performance, reporting, and communications to participants to drive success.
- Evaluate marketing automation and attribution technology systems used by the Marketing team to ensure they have the tools to do their jobs effectively.
- Ensure proper collection and connection of marketing automation data with the CRM.
- Compile and present reports during weekly Sales & Marketing meetings.
- Train and support Sales & Marketing staff.
- Maintain adaptability and implement changes quickly and efficiently.
- Oversee the development and implementation of social media initiatives.
- 3+ years experience and demonstrated success in a sales ops, business ops, or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with visual analysis applications and sales intelligence software.
- Must have advanced skills relating to Salesforce, SalesLoft, Hubspot and other sales applications and marketing tools.
- Experience building or maintaining a sales and marketing operations processes.
- Desire to continuously learn new sales and marketing skills
- Ability to learn and develop sales and marketing strategies that clearly define measurable goals for success
- Familiar with a sales methodology (i.e. Sandler, Challenger, Miller Heiman, etc.)
- Unquestioned ethics and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, for your co-workers and for the company
- Personable, positive and persuasive attitude
- Has a clear vision of market trends
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to launch your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor