“The Miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it!”
HOSPICE NURSES/RN-- All American Hospice is currently seeking experienced, compassionate, and dedicated Hospice Nurses to join our team. We are committed to providing the highest level of care to our patients and their families; and that means employing the most qualified and caring personnel. Patients and families depend on our expertise and support 24/7 and we take that responsibility seriously.
DESIRED SKILLS-- The ideal candidate will bring experience and the ability to work with a diverse population, in a variety of settings. He/she will be responsible support of pain and symptom management for terminally ill patients and their caregivers. Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills, effectively assessing and triaging clinical situations, medication management, and providing education of disease process a must. Attention to detail, timely documentation, and follow-thru required. Experience in Hospice preferred.
OUR PHILOSOPHY-- We value our Clinicians and the expertise and support they provide to our clients and families. At All American we strive to reward excellence through support, recognition, competitive compensation, continuing education, and advancement opportunities. Our mission is simply to provide the best care, one patient at a time, and we credit the culture of teamwork and family that exists here at All American Hospice.
The RN Case Manager will be responsible for assisting the Team with Case Management/Visits to aid in coverage and call outs. Job duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Completing an initial assessment of patient and family to determine hospice care needs
- Regularly re-evaluates the patients nursing needs
- Use assessment data to determine care plan needs
- Collaborate with the entire healthcare team, patient and family, to help direct the work of the team to provide are that is continuous and well-coordinated
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting end of life needs
- Initiates appropriate preventative nursing procedures
- Communicates with the physician regarding patient's needs and reports any changes in the patient's condition
- Supervises the Hospice Aides and LPN's
Travel to various locations are required to provide care to patients wherever they call home in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties.
Qualifications and Skills
Must be a PA licensed Registered Nurse
Prefer at least two years experience in hospice or home care
Must be compassionate and willing to go the extra mile for patients and their families
Associate degree from an accredited school of nursing is required
Possesses a minimum of one-year nursing experience
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position