Conversion Crew Members (Kelowna)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who We Are:
Prospera Place, a member of the GSL Group of companies, is a busy entertainment facility in Kelowna that hosts Kelowna Rocket games, numerous professional concerts, shows and exhibitions throughout the year.
We are currently looking for a few part-time and full-time Conversion Crew Members to help with upcoming events and shows! This role will be responsible to perform work as needed to set up, maintain, convert and prepare for events and will report to the Operations Manager.
- Working as part of a team to convert the facility from hockey mode, to concert or trade show mode (and back).
- Event oriented preparation/setup required for shows or sporting events to run safely and efficiently
- Installing ice covering, staging, and risers. Physical work/heavy lifting is common and required
- Assists with maintenance and upkeep of the building's equipment such as dasher boards, risers, ice covering, and other miscellaneous equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- First Aid and WHIMIS preferred
- Related experience desired but not necessary
- Physically demanding
- Knowledge of staging and production equipment an asset
- Available to work flexible hours, including daytime, evenings and overnights (mostly overnights)
- Must wear Safety Eyewear (Will be supplied)
- Frequent walking, including stairs
- Repetitive lifting and carrying
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position