The Residence Hall Director (RHD) is a 10-month (August 1- May 31) graduate assistant position renewable for up to 3 total years of service, (contingent upon performance in the position and continued graduate school enrollment). The position is live-in and shares in the administration, supervision, and development of DeSales University’s residence life program. Compensation includes a stipend, furnished apartment for 12 months (with renewal of contract), full meal plan while undergraduate classes are in session, and tuition remission for up to 18 credits per academic year at DeSales University over a two-year period, with a maximum of a one-year extension. This position requires additional evening and weekend work, as well as response to campus emergencies.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Acceptance into and continue enrollment in a DeSales University graduate program required. Must be accepted into a DeSales University graduate program prior to start date.
· Valid drivers license with clean driving record required
· Previous residence life or student affairs experience strongly preferred
· Excellent communication and writing skills, strong organizational abilities, and the ability to work with a diverse population
· Sensitive to issues of ethnicity, disability, and diversity
· Dedicated to the mission of a small, Catholic, liberal arts institution
DeSales University is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled