Your title will be Construction Service Manager. You will report to the Vice President of Development and Construction.
The primary role of the person in this position is to coordinate execution of warranty work for sold properties and warranty and maintenance work in residences after they are completed and turned over to inventory of for-sale properties. This person works closely with Development-Construction Department, the Sales team and Homeowners/Property Managers to ensure that the completed residences are turned over at the Kohanaiki standard of quality with full instructions on the operation and maintenance of the homes, to assist in seeing that homes are properly maintained, and to coordinate completion of any required corrective work under warranty. In addition, this person coordinates the work when small modifications to a home are requested by buyers or the Sales team after sale.
This person plays a key role in quality assurance for Kohanaiki identifying non-conforming work that is not being captured in quality control processes, and by researching and developing improved products, details, and systems based on their experience with the completed homes. The service manager participates in quality assurance inspections during construction and assists with punch inspections at substantial completion.
This position puts the employee in direct contact with homeowners, often under difficult circumstances as the homeowner deals with an issue in their new home. This staff person must enjoy client contact, be skilled at dealing with potentially stressful situations, and take personal satisfaction in resolving issues for our member/buyers.
• Work with Homeowners/Property Managers to investigate warranty requests. Address/correct issues that fall under warranty obligation:
• For residences under Contractor warranty: Resolve minor issues or request warranty repair from Contractor. Communicate with Contractor and Homeowners/Property Managers to confirm repairs are completed.
o For residences out of Contractor warranty but still under Developer Warranty: Coordinate identification and completion of warranty repairs. Perform minor carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing and/or mechanical repairs. Contract with and manage outside vendors for any required repairs outside scope of this position. Review and process vendor invoices for Developer warranty repairs.
o Communicate with Contractor’s warranty representative to update the status of all warranty requests and ensure items are complete;
o Communicate regularly with Development Customer Service Manager regarding scope of warranty repairs, scheduling and the resolution of such repairs for communication with Homeowners. Communicate directly with Homeowners as requested.
o Assess recurring warranty issues and address items that could be considered project-wide construction defects with the Project Manager.
• Oversee any Owner Controlled Insurance Policy (OCIP) projects and liaise with Homeowners/Property Managers, vendors/contractors and the insurance providers to define, approve and receive reimbursement (as, and if appropriate)
• Maintain a complete log of Warranty requests and corrective work.
• Assist Project Managers inspecting completed homes and identifying punch items for correction/completion.
• Assist PMs in inspecting completed residences prior to turnover and coordinate completion of any new or outstanding items as needed. Communicate with General Contractor & KOH Project Manager to confirm completion.
• Work with Sales team to prepare and implement a maintenance program for each home in inventory:
o Solicit quotes from maintenance providers and submit for approval
o Identify needed repair work and submit proposals for approval and execution.
o Schedule maintenance and repairs, coordinate with Sales, and supervise to confirm work meets expectations and maintenance agreements
• Plan and supervise post-construction modifications (i.e. privacy louvers, fences, gutters, etc. in coordination with KOH Project Manager.
• Work with Project Managers to identify, test, and specify construction materials (i.e. paint, stains, sealers, tile) that provide improved performance, better value and reduced maintenance.
• Assist as directed in planning and supervising other capital improvement or residential projects.
• Provide feedback and suggestions to Project Managers and to the person(s) assigned to maintain and update the Kohanaiki Quality Assurance program to capture and apply lessons learned on completed residences.