The Warehouse Products Engineer is responsible for working in conjunction with the sales force and assists in Warehouse Products Department design and sales functions. He/she will work with the sales force to design, quote and manage warehouse equipment projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend customer visits with sales force to determine customer needs and specify various material handling and storage equipment projects.
- Work with suppliers to design and quote material handling and storage equipment projects.
- Manage projects to ensure all facets are completed on time and on budget.
- Develop and generate reports monthly for Warehouse Products to track sales and marketing efforts.
- Work with warehouse products department manager to develop and manage business plan with budget.
- Attend weekly status meetings with department manager to discuss major deals and project status.
- Attend weekly status meetings with department managers and sales reps to discuss service status and volume.
- Attend monthly sales meetings with sales force to discover new product offerings and industry trends.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train Sales force on new industry-related technology and products.
- Understand, keep abreast, and comply with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to the Warehouse Products’ Department.
- Take initiative in uncovering new markets and opportunities.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Products Manager.
- College degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related.
- 5 Years of experience in material handling or related business.
- 2 Years experience in outside sales.
- Detail, analytical and task completion skills required.
- Must be PC literate and possess a thorough knowledge of general business procedures.
- Must have AutoCad or related experience.
Employment Disclaimer: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract. Management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. This organization complies with the guidelines set forth in the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.