Working at Lois means finding the place you can succeed, grow, and be part of a constantly advancing firm that has been breaking barriers and becoming a highly recognized name in the industry! With a team-mentality, full-benefits package, continuous ongoing support, and strong standards of development, we continue to be leaders with consistently positive outcomes. Come meet with us to see what we are all about and let’s break barriers so we can help our clients, together!
Work-life balance and career growth are fundamental priorities. We are devoted to helping the community which starts with our passion for helping to defend our clients. We strive to build strong, responsive relationships while being ethically responsible and formidable allies. We provide on-going education programs for all levels of employment, from legal assistants to partners. By combining our community driven culture and our on-going education, we cultivate an atmosphere of thought-provoking advocacy for everyone.
- Paralegal to support the New York workers' compensation defense practice
- Conduct research to support legal proceedings
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Record and store client information
- Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
- An associates degree is required.
- A Certificate in Paralegal Studies from an ABA approved organization or bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with legal research
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills to push claims forward to closure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Candidate must be able to secure a notary license (Lois LLC will reimburse for associated costs).
- Firm provides 80% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefit costs
- 3% non-elective safe harbor contribution to 401K
- Life insurance and long-term disability provided at no cost to our Team Members
- Flexible work from home opportunities after 90 days
- Hands-on training approach and continual education opportunities
- One-to-one Attorney/Paralegal ratio.
- Employee Growth Coaching to all Team Members.
- Weekly in-house Group Fitness Training sessions to all Team Members that want to participate.
- Monthly Writer’s Workshops for all Team Members to help bridge the theoretical and relevant concepts to law
- Firm charity events to benefit our local community
- Monthly professional development meetings that offer our Team Members feedback to help guide them through our advancement path