At CubicFarms we believe in the power of technology to feed a changing world. We actively seek talented people who want to make a difference in the ag-tech space by bringing creative ideas to life and leaving an imprint in a healthier, more sustainable world. If you are enthusiastic about joining a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply!
CubicFarms (TSXV:CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: DATA SCIENTIST
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our growing Technology team. Reporting to the Director of Data Science, you will be a pivotal member of the Technology team building the data tools for our customers and operations teams. We are building a data-driven approach to creating a customer experience by democratizing data in which we are delivering data to our people by building intuitive tools so that our stakeholders and consumers can learn independently. We work closely with our stakeholders to gather all the current business questions, so our data models are relevant. A lot of our data comes directly from our users. Every action a user takes in our product is tracked and analyzed, for the goals of identifying areas that are not working well and determining how we can improve. Working with our team you will be exposed to various facets of scientific data science such computer vision, machine learning, automation, predictive maintenance and more.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who can gather and understand data requirements, present it to the Technology team, and work in the team to achieve high quality data ingestion goals. You need a passion for data and complexities of data acquisition from a rapidly evolving system. You will experience a wide range of problem-solving situations requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. You will have a chance to work with structured and unstructured data. You will be developing custom data models, visualizations, and algorithms to help with data ingestion, assessing the accuracy of new data and data- gathering strategies, and implementing and developing tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy and performance. You will work closely with a group of Software Engineers, Engineers, Farmers, and Product Managers to create the data infrastructure and tools necessary to drive our team’s initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of work experience in scientific data science and custom data tool development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Knowledge of data processing pipelines and data science concepts
- Knowledge of data analysis workflows in a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Knowledge of a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, analytics, AI tools to derive meaningful data insights (e.g., Python, TensorFlow, Jupyter, etc.).
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data.
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets.
- Experience with statistical analysis, data modeling using structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity managing data science code via Git and DevOps environments.
- Experience with data visualization using Python libraries or BI tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong ability to interact, communicate, present, and influence within multiple levels of the organization.
- Previous experience in image processing is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Azure services including Cosmos, TSI, Power BI, and IoT Hub is considered an asset.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Develop custom data models, visualizations, and algorithms to help with data ingestion.
- Assess the accuracy of new data and data-gathering strategies from IoT and other devices.
- Assist with integration of scattered data sources into a centralized database that is easily accessible to internal and external teams.
- Implement and develop tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy and performance.
- Mining and analyzing data from company databases to improve marketing, product development, or overall business strategies.
- Formulate and build data processing pipelines to fuel data-driven research (e.g., statistics, machine learning, & data mining)
- Participate in research projects to extract insights from unstructured input data.
- Research, develop, and implement artificial intelligence into a variety of data ingestion sources.
- Working with PM, UX teams and full-stack engineering teams to build data-powered features in our cloud dashboard.
- Capture and share industry best practices amongst the company.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the ag-tech space.