Paramedic - Urgent Care
Busy Urgent Care Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona seeks a full time paramedic for immediate hire.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. EO/AA
This position is responsible for providing both basic and advanced care to patients in an efficient,
knowledgeable and cost effective manner, which is accurately documented and properly coordinated
with other healthcare personnel. This position may be required to access and administer medications
within their scope of practice and according to state law.
Corporate Overview: Holistic Urgent Care is the first in the country to offer Naturopathic Medicine in
an urgent care setting. We are uniquely positioned to address acute illness with an emphasis on
natural remedies, nutritional therapy and a fluency in conventional medicine.
• Prepares patients for examinations and diagnostic procedures according to departmental
• Plans, evaluates and implements interventions for solving patient care problems according to
needs and established guidelines.
• Obtains and records patient temperatures, pulse rates, blood pressure, weight and height
measurements and places patient on pulse oximetry and cardiac monitors as per department
protocols, or as directed.
• Reports all observed or verbalized patient concerns and changes in condition to a member of
the nursing or physician staff.
• Accompanies providers examining patients in examination rooms as needed and/or assists
physicians/licensed staff with procedures.
• Performs delegated procedures under the direct supervision of a licensed staff member.
• May perform phlebotomy in accordance with department procedures and physician orders
after specialized training.
• Provides in-patient I.V. services as required.
• Trains and assists new staff.
• Performs daily checklist with documentation and cleans and stocks the department.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the
ability to assess data regarding the patient's status and provide care as described in the
department's policies and procedures manual.
Paramedic - Urgent Care
• Ability to maintain all department and organization-required training by expected due dates
as outlined by the organization's annual education plan and policy.
• Demonstrated competency with a variety of equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high stress situations.
• Ability to function during regularly scheduled 12 hour or alternative shifts.
• Ability to deal with the hazards involved in assessing and providing care to patients.
• Ability to lift and carry various weight and diameters of equipment.
Qualifications and Licenses Required
• Current Healthcare Provider ALS Credential - or to be obtained within 90 days of hire
• Current certification to practice as a Paramedic in the State of Arizona.
• Current Healthcare Provider PALS Credential - or to be obtained within 90 days of hire.
• Additional license requirements may be determined by the hiring department.