REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Liberty Ministries exists to serve offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the community showing God’s love,
providing practical assistance, and supporting Biblical standards of justice.
The Director of Operations & Human Resources assists the Executive Director in his oversight of Liberty Ministries,
while taking the initiative to address issues as they arise in order that the integrity and mission of Liberty Ministries
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Works closely in support of the Executive Director in his oversight of Liberty Ministries.
2. Responsible for research, data collection, data management, and reporting when needed, on various
aspects of Liberty Ministries such as financial oversight, fundraising, property management, human
resources, volunteers, residents, donors, partners in ministry, management, and vendors.
3. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures with responsibility for orientation, training, and day to
4. Actively participates in meetings and training, and facilitates meetings when necessary or by appointment
of the Executive Director.
5. Directly supervises the Administrative Services Manager to ensure that donor appeals, prison promotional
materials, and written correspondence are prepared professionally, coordinated well, and delivered in a
6. Ensures that events and communications such as mailings for support are well coordinated and managed.
7. Responsible for the oversight and delivery of human resources, including but not limited to the following:
a. Generation of Policy, the execution thereof and compliance with
b. Oversight of Payroll, including entering of hours worked, setting up new employees, entering
direct deposits, payroll deductions, paid time off, wage garnishments, and generating reports,
as well as working closely with the payroll company to ensure accuracy and smooth,
uninterrupted delivery of paychecks and direct deposits for all Ministry and Thrift employees
c. Solicitation and review of insurances (general liability, workers compensation, auto, life, and
d. Responsible for responding to PA Unemployment Compensation interrogatories, appeals, etc.
e. Employee Handbook and the interpretation thereof
f. Liberty Ministries Operations Manual
8. Responsible for the safety and security of staff, volunteers and customers.
9. Responsible for the maintenance and oversight of properties and vehicles, ensuring that buildings, vehicles
and equipment are maintained in the best, safest, and most practical way.
10. Ensures that invoices are approved for payment, properly coded, and promptly paid.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be a mature, stable person who can consistently model the Christian life to our Residents, staff and
2. Have a good reputation in the community so as not to bring reproach upon the ministry.
3. Must have an understanding of the issues that men and women struggling with incarceration and addiction
face. Should feel a call of God to work with this population.
4. Must have administrative and leadership abilities, with an attention to detail and organization.
5. Must have excellent communication skills in order to work with vendors, community officials, prison and
parole officials in a professional manner.
6. Have a keen interest in prison ministry, preferably with experience and/or education in corrections and
7. Be able to function well under stress, think quickly and fairly, and make sound judgments based upon facts.
8. Have the ability to work with people with a variety of religious backgrounds and educational levels.
9. Be in good physical health with emotional maturity and stability. Display a good sense of humor.
10. Be neat in appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
11. Possess a working knowledge of computers, peripherals, office technology (fax, scanner, copier, printer),
Microsoft Professional Suite, QuickBooks, Donor Perfect, and other supportive software.
Bachelors Degree with SHRM Certified Professional Certification or Any Combination of Education and Experience.
This position is Full-Time Salaried, with benefits
$59,000.00 - $75,000.00 depending upon experience and education.
NOTE: A preferred internal candidate has been identified, but we are accepting applications from highly
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled