Berg Construction is an excavation / site work contractor that has completed work in multiple sectors, from residential to government contracts. Established in 2000 and incorporated in 2004 we have the manpower and equipment to complete public and private work of any size. Our spectrum of services includes commercial utilities and site work, residential excavating and site work, waste management, golf courses and asphalt paving. Berg was built on the principle of teamwork and the foundation of a strong work ethic. To build enduring infrastructure, we must have highly capable, autonomous and trustworthy teams.
We are continually working to build a team of the best people who are hungry to grow and teach. We do our best to keep stress levels low and treat everyone with respect. We provide year-round work to keep steady paychecks and the potential for overtime. Bonuses are awarded when the company does well.
We want Berg Construction to be a long-term home for people looking to make a career out of building. A strong work ethic is just as important to us as an existing skillset. While our work is often tough, we get the satisfaction of seeing our enduring infrastructure projects improve the community.
- Operates construction equipment in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
- Operates jackhammers, mowers, brush chippers and other small equipment and tools.
- Works with and assists the crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and any related work.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Assists in the installing and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Plows snow, salts roads, and walkways according to policy.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Perform other tasks as required by management.
- Must be pleasant to both internal and external customers, while maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Able to follow a task to completion.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, as well as reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear instructions, walk sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must dress appropriately for outdoor work, including boots, long pants, and any other provisions required for spending any duration of time outside in the heat, cold, dry, and or wet conditions.
- Ability to lift or move 25 pounds frequently, and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. This job description is subject to change at any time, and does not express or imply an employment contract. Employment with Berg Construction, LLC is employment at will.