Green Sector Workforce Development and Training Lead
Our core values are Integrity, Innovation, and Partnership.
EfficiencyOne is a leading efficiency enterprise. We work with a number of outstanding partners to supply cost-effective energy efficiency and carbon mitigation services in Nova Scotia and beyond.
We transform the way people use energy. Together, we help people achieve their energy goals, save money, conserve resources, improve well-being, and combat climate change.
Investing in energy efficiency comes with many benefits—lower heating bills, more comfortable spaces, new jobs in your community, and a smaller overall carbon footprint.
To date, our work has achieved over $4 billion in energy savings and
contributed to 22% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions. If there’s a
better way to improve energy efficiency, we’ll find it. Find out more about how
we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/
Why you’ll love working here:
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero carbon by 2050.
If you want to be part of an organization that has an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero, and help to build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians - then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with
us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their
firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
We are seeking an experienced Green Sector Workforce
Development and Training Lead for the Efficiency Preferred Partner (EPP)
Network. The Efficiency Preferred Partners are professionals in a variety
of areas, including general contractors, insulation installers, heating system
installers, electricians, and more. The Lead is active in developing and facilitating Green
Building industry training tools and resources offered to our EPP
network. Key activities will include building and fostering strategic
partnerships to support the development of training programs and curriculum, planning and hosting relevant events, and identifying and coordinating training opportunities
to support professional development and capacity growth of the Green Sector. The
Lead will oversee and support those collaborating with the EPP programs. The Lead
must be an effective communicator/presenter, with excellent time management and
organizational skills. They must be adaptable, results
driven and able to take initiative.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Providing outreach and engagement to the Efficiency Preferred Partner Network (EPP) Associations, and other E1 Partners to build and sustain industry capacity and drive participation in Efficiency Nova Scotia programs and services.
- Executing capacity-building activities such as career fairs, career postings, and promotion of Green Sector careers.
- Acting as the team ‘expert’ in energy labor market information and current strategy to support capacity building.
- Researching curriculum actively and remaining up to date on developments within the industry.
- Collaborating with education providers to promote and sponsor training courses to support gaps identified in the industry.
- Developing an Efficiency Preferred Partner Toolbox of OnDemand training courses with ongoing enhancement based on industry needs and building code development.
- Developing, executing, and reporting on an education and training plan monthly, quarterly, and annually to support industry development.
- Seeking feedback and reporting on outcomes of training participation and feedback from participants to further enhance the training portfolio.
- Collaborating with the Marketing department to create an effective communication plan and collateral to ensure exceptional participation from EPP members.
- Developing internal and external communication to proactively distribute within companies, promoting courses and necessary details.
- Presenting and leading in-person and virtual training sessions, as needed, on topics pertaining to industry capacity and E1 Programs.
- Performing other duties, as required.
What Will Help You Succeed?
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in Green Sector workforce development, green building requirements, green jobs training or employment skills training is a requirement.
- Community College, University degree or diploma in a business-related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, with a clear driver’s abstract.
- Experience in course and curriculum design and delivery and managing training projects.
- Experience facilitating or leading workshops for a diverse network of clients and partners.
- Experience with digital workshop delivery is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Effective presentation skills and comfortable speaking in public.
- Excellent client service skills (internal partners and customers), and the ability to work collaboratively or independently.
- Strong experience with coaching, leading and developing team members.
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and work independently or within a team.
- Experience with and proficiency with all MS Office applications (including Teams).
What to expect in your first several weeks on the job:
In the first week, expect to:
- Introduction to Team and Program Managers to learn about your collaboration with program targets and trends, and team goals.
- Job shadow other teammates to learn about their roles and responsibilities.
- Read program materials to get more familiar with Efficiency Preferred Partner Network and our tools and processes.
- Start performing core duties.
In the first month, expect to:
- Perform core duties with limited support.
- Meet our Efficiency Preferred Partners and Strategic Partners.
- Continue to learn more about industry and program demands.
- Start identifying opportunities to support program participation through Efficiency Preferred Partner Development.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Perform core duties independently.
- Support Efficiency Preferred Partner Network and Programs through development and outreach.
- Establish a performance and development plan with your manager.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or whom you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).