Volunteer Office Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer office assistant to support our administrative team for a minimum of 10 hours per week. This person will perform a variety of tasks that will support the Movement Centre’s mission of helping individuals living with neuromotor conditions increase their mobility, confidence and independence in activities of daily living.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle incoming phone calls
- Greet visitors
- Digitize, organize, and upload documents
- Assist with paperwork, photocopying, filing, and other general administrative tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- A desire to make a positive impact on the lives of people living with disabilities
- Dependable, punctual
- Exhibit high attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Effective working both independently and as part of a team
- Confident using computers and willing to learn new software/apps
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Internet, some Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Developing/adding to a resume of your work for future opportunities
- Making a positive impact on the lives of people living with disabilities
- Growing your professional network
- Invitation to staff and volunteer appreciation events
- Volunteer certificates provided after 100 hours of volunteering
Hours: 10-15 hours/week, daytime, minimum 6 month commitment
The Movement Centre values respect and inclusion, honesty and fairness, passion and teamwork and lasting personal relationships We have an enthusiastic, fun, and caring culture, and are looking for people who share those values! Visit our website, Instagram, and Facebook pages for more information on who we are and what we do: www.movementcentre.ca | www.instagram.com/themovementcentreofmb | www.facebook.com/themovementcentreofmb