Sales Representative – Massachusetts
(Eastern Massachusetts including the counties of Middlesex, Essex, Norfolk,
Bristol, Plymouth, Suffolk, and Barnstable).
Sales Representative is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the Wachusett
Brewing sales strategy through distributor management, account-level presence,
and execution of tasks in their assigned territory. The WBC Sales
Representative is expected to be self-motivated, own the success of their
territory, and drive that success daily. We are looking for a candidate that
can sell, service, and maintain existing accounts while driving new
distribution, visibility, and volume. The ideal candidate for this role will
reside in Eastern Massachusetts and will predominately call on L. Knife,
Seaboard, and Craft-MA which includes but is not limited to all the counties in
their portfolio or future acquisitions.
Essential Duties and
Basic job duties that an employee must be able to
perform, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Grows WBC presence through increased points of distribution,
chain support, managing allocations, and inventory in the region.
- Plan and execute
all aspects of consumer samplings to drive brand awareness, customer
satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
- Can build and
deliver professional sales presentations for large groups.
- Plans manage time and prioritize as necessary to align
efforts with monthly objectives and company sales goals.
- Develop and maintain display standards at retail stores. 100%
ad execution at major chain stores and increased merchandising/selling
support during key holidays.
- Develop and maintain distributor relationships while holding
them accountable for goals and forecasts through quarterly progress
- Regular communication of wins, challenges, and opportunities
to the manager.
- Execute off-premise promotions and occasionally special
events that generate WBC brand awareness and consumer sampling that
support new distribution.
- WBC standard account visit goal is 40 per week or as defined
by supervisor and logged within the CRM.
- Respond to all communications (internal and external) within a
- Punctuality and professionalism matter at all times; do not
be late for meetings, work-withs, scheduled appointments, etc.
- Required to safely work with all wholesaler
personnel on a monthly basis.
- Time management; must be able to manage time to
effectively close out goals and administrative duties.
Professional Appearance and Responsibility:
WBC Logo branded shirt or collared shirt at all times in the
market. Close-toed shoes at all times.
Maintain your appearance with updated WBC looks and adhere to our
Marketing department’s standards.
No non- WBC logo’s t-shirt, no damaged, stained, or worn/faded
pants, no shorts.
Alcohol consumption-- it is very important to maintain and act
responsibly at all times. At no time is a WBC employee to be intoxicated during
company time or when representing WBC in the market.
All WBC employees must adhere to all ethical business practices
and be responsible in our “distribution” market at all times. Make good decisions as you represent the WBC
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of alcohol industry sales experience.
- Brewery experience is a plus.
- Drivers license, a clean driving record, and a car.
- MA Resident.
- Extensive car travel-please work smart, conserve gas and use best
practices in the market. Must have reliable transportation and space for items
such as cases, kegs, POS, etc.
- Overnight Travel: Trips to Westminster for quarterly meetings and
to assist in new or existing markets.
- Weekend/ Nights Availability. This will vary depending on the
- Lifting and moving cases
(~35 lbs.) and kegs (~165 lbs.) of product.
Wachusett Brewing Company Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled