Coconut is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to build and scale our Business Development team. Initially you will be hands on, acting as first point of contact for any inbound leads, while also proactively sourcing and bringing new leads into the Coconut sales process and educating high potential prospects about our platform. As you help grow the team, this role will become more management focused and will build, coach and guide the team during a period of rapid growth.
There is a massive transformation underway with how banks and credit unions do business with their customers - and we have the opportunity to be right at the centre of that change. Our product supports our clients with seamless appointment scheduling, virtual meetings, on location visitor management and the analytics needed to make informed decisions.
After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, we are gearing up to scale even faster and are looking to add someone to our team to help drive the revenue goals of the company by positioning Coconut’s service offerings as the best solution for our customers to achieve success.
This is your chance to pioneer and really have an impact! We need an experienced Manager to build, hone and drive the success of our Business Development team! Your team will be responsible for developing, qualifying and generating business opportunities to fuel our pipeline. You will work closely with our Marketing and Sales leaders to contribute to the sales strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan for sales to achieve company objectives.
The right candidate for this role has a proven record of building or scaling a team through a period of rapid growth. You know what it means to maintain customer relationships and proactively identify, pursue and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers via prospecting, networking and referral activities. You are driven, motivated and eager to put the team ahead of yourself and strive to have impact on the success of the company. Coaching is in your blood and you are passionate about growing your reps into sales ready candidates for future Account Executive roles.
Coconut offers career defining opportunity - doing meaningful work on a fast growing team. You will be supported with opportunities to grow your career and you can help build an amazing product at a company big enough for growth, but still lean enough for you to make a genuine impact.
You Are Fired Up To:
- Hire, train and manage a team of Business Development Representatives
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams to develop outbound demand generation campaigns leveraging SalesLoft, Hubspot, Salesforce.com, and various data tools
- Create and manage metrics for monthly qualified lead objectives
- Motivate your team through the sales process through multiple inbound and outbound cold calling, email, and social media touch points
- Manage and report on individual & team performance
- Self source of additional new business opportunities for Coconut and conduct research to identify potential prospects
- When safe to do so, attend industry functions and trade shows to generate new leads for the Sales team
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ years as a lead/manager in a software sales environment, experience selling services is an asset
- A strong drive for results in a collaborative, win-as-a-team environment
- Proven record of sales success in a similar enterprise software environment
- Proven experience managing people to achieve performance goals
- Experience selling over multiple channels, phone, email social, face to face and using multiple sales processes
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with customers’ executives and demonstrate strategic understanding of business needs
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is used by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home) and a growing distributed workforce across North America. After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company is gearing up to scale the business event faster.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and the opportunity to work from home, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to propel your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flexible Wellness spending account
- Virtual care access to Doctors and Mental Health support (no annual maximum)
- Opportunity to work from home
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor