TITLE: Floating Assistant Store Manager of Liberty Ministries Thrift
TO: Director of Thrift
Ministries exists to serve offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the
community by showing God’s love, providing practical assistance, and supporting
Biblical standards of justice.
Floating Assistant Store Manager is accountable to the Store Manager of the
respective store they are serving in. They are responsible for overseeing assigned
staff working in the store. When Store
Manager or Assistant Manager is not present the Floating Assistant Store Manager
has direct authority. The Floating Assistant
Store Manager works with employees, volunteers, work release and community
service to make sure work is done properly and efficiently. Some responsibilities include interaction
with customers, creating displays, maintaining a well kept appearance of the
store, sorting and pricing donations, operating cash register, and end of day
procedures. Most of all he/she must
reflect all the standards of Liberty Ministries.
partnership with the Store Manager, the Floating Assistant Store Manager has
the responsibility to schedule deliveries, discounts, questions, donations,
truck pickups, accepting donations, processing donations, mediating conflict, etc.
the product flow and processes from donation to the sales floor.
the receiving of donations according to guidelines.
full understanding of the P.O.S. system including ringing sales, running
reports, entering voids and performing returns.
that cash control procedures are closely followed.
out register if working the end of the day shift and complete appropriate
and maintain presentable displays of clothing, furniture, home decorations, etc.
community service, volunteers, and staff to remain productive and efficient and
free from distraction.
by the staff schedule made by Store Manager.
10. Help in the training process for new
11. Interacting with Liberty House and Ann’s
House staff to help assist with the development of program residents.
12. Attend and occasionally lead morning
prayer circle and staff meetings.
13. Make sure stock and inventory is
constantly rotating yet remaining full.
14. Must follow all of Liberty Ministries
Thrift policies and procedures.
15. Interact with customers in a friendly,
Christian manner. Resolve customer conflict in a manner that is respectful
16. Identify store systems and abide by them.
17. Keep employees accountable to the work
that needs to be completed.
18. Perform progressive discipline as needed.
19. Control inventory levels in store and
backroom of priced product and of purchased merchandise (i.e. mattresses, bed
20. Promote and create a safety culture.
21. Train, orientate, coach, supervise and
correct staff and volunteers.
22. Write and deliver employee appraisals.
23. Manage controllable expenses. (i.e. Trash,
24. Assist the Store Manager with whatever
he/she needs completed.
uphold the Christian culture that is supportive and reflective of the mission
of Liberty Ministries and Liberty Ministries Thrift.
have good organizational skills.
be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
be able to communicate clearly in English, including reading, writing, and
be able to operate store equipment efficiently, including cash register.
be neat in appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
be in good physical and mental health with emotional maturity and stability
along with a sense of humor.
be flexible if schedule demands and willing and able to function in as many
capacities as needed.
be good at motivating employees.
10. Must have a good customer service
11. Needs to be able to take instruction as
well as give instruction.
12. Must be able to function independently as
well as working as a team.
13. Should have an eye for
14. High ethical ability to follow policies and procedures
of Liberty Thrift & Home Furnishings.
15. Must be able to communicate professionally on
a management team.
16. Committed and flexible to work the hours
needed that best suites the store and needs to be reachable off hours.
17. Ability to travel to different Liberty
Ministries Thrift locations.
SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
have high school diploma or equivalent.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled