- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Two years working experience in law enforcement dispatching
- Louisiana POST Certification
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Answer multiple phone lines professionally from a variety of sources including 911.
- Transferring calls to the necessary department or individual
- Handle all radio traffic and logging information in computer-aided dispatch (CAD), monitor GPS vehicle tracking system, and deputies working off-duty details.
- Input and receive information from NCIC
- Report all unusual occurrences, accidents, or safety hazards to supervisors
- Strictly adhere to policies safeguarding confidentiality
- The minimum hourly rate of pay for this position is $13.61/hr
- Postsecondary education and Law enforcement or Dispatch experience will be taken under consideration in respect to the hourly rate of pay.
- Eligible for paid overtime
- Employer paid Health, Vision, Dental and Life insurance for full time employees
- Vacation and Sick time after 1 year of continuous employment
- Eligible for additional leave when scheduled on an office holiday
- There is no guarantee that everyone who applies to this posting will be interviewed. Specific information about this job will be available to you in the interview process, should you be selected.
- Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
- This is a 24-hour facility. Applicants will be required to work shift work. The Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any non-merit factor including disability. No Civil Service test score is required to be considered for this vacancy.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.