Do you like making a difference in the lives of others? Are you driven to support, advocate, and empower people with intellectual disabilities and autism and their families? If so, Service, Access, and Management, Inc. (SAM) might be the perfect fit for you. Here at SAM, our vision is to leave everyone we meet better off. SAM is the largest social service agency in Pennsylvania with over 800 employees. SAM is well established and dedicated to the mission of enhancing the lives of others. We are currently looking for supports coordinators to live out our vision in their work.
SAM offers the following:
Supportive Work Environment:
- Ability to work independently while also having a team available for support
- Open work space where supervisors and peers are available and approachable
- Casual, laid back work space and environment
- Up to date technology and onsite technological support
- Upon successful completion of our training program you have the ability to create your own schedule based on your needs as well as the needs of the individuals you support
- Generous PTO time - 10 Vacation days; 12 Sick days; four Personal days, three Floating holidays and 13 holidays annually
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Casual Attire
- Office centrally located in Scranton, PA (next to the Steamtown mall) with the ability to work remotely
- In-depth training program, which includes shadowing opportunities with existing staff
- Ongoing yearly training opportunities
SAM, Inc. promotes quality Supports Coordination services to effectively and efficiently assist persons served with locating, coordinating, and monitoring of services. In doing so, Supports Coordinators promote the philosophies of Everyday Lives, Values in Action, and Self Determination within service delivery.
A Supports Coordinator….
- Builds relationships
- Leads teams to support the people we serve
- Collaborates with individuals, families and providers to ensure people are living their best lives
- Facilitates meetings and discussions
- Critically thinks and problem solves
- Links individuals to funding and services
- Links individuals to Community Resources
- Assesses Needs
- Creates plans
- Documents services provided
- Empowers individuals in choice and the right to lead an Everyday Life
Characteristics of an Effective Supports Coordinator:
- Effective Communicator
- Active Listener
- Collaborative Mindset
- Team Player
- Win- Win Attitude
Minimum Requirements (education, experience, etc.)
Meet the following minimum educational and experience requirements:·
- Bachelor’s degree, which includes or is supplemented by at least 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social science; or
- Two years’ experience as a County Social Service Aide 3 and two years of college level course work, which include at least 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social service; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social service and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
- Criminal history clearances per 35 P.S. §10225.101 et seq. and 6 Pa. Code Chapter 15.
- Child abuse clearance (when the participant is under age 18) per 23 Pa. C.S. Chapter 63.
- Valid driver’s license if the operation of a vehicle is necessary to provide Support Coordination services.
- Newly hired Supports Coordinators will successfully complete ODP required SC Orientation Curriculum.
- Complete a minimum of 24 hours of training a year
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- Valid Pennsylvania drivers license and acceptable motor vehicle record check
- FBI Clearance
- Act 33 and Act 34 clearances
- Social security card
- Immigration and naturalization (I-9) clearance
- Drug screening clearance
- In office work performing concurrent varied tasks
- Daily travel throughout Lackawanna and surrounding counties in a variety of venues including but not limited to the community, individual’s home, providers, hospitals and other human service agencies as well as occasional travel to statewide meetings.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- Minimal hazards, general office working conditions. There may, however, be a rare occasion during which it is necessary to have physical interaction with a consumer exhibiting aggressive behavior.
- Some travel may be during adverse weather conditions.
SAM, Inc. Lackawanna County is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled