The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the daily activity of the resort.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement strategies that will ensure a positive experience that exceeds guest’s expectations.
- Work collaboratively with all department managers to make sure operations are running smoothly and in tandem with one another.
- Anticipate all guest needs and respond promptly & accordingly.
- Establish and maintain standards for staff performance and customer service.
- Maintain full knowledge of all inner working of the hotel, including room rates, hotel policies, specials, availabilities, hotel events and more.
- Staff the hotel appropriately.
- Review employee behavior, appearance and performance.
- Conduct daily meetings to ensure that all departments are in working order.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 25 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 25 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree required.
- Prior supervisory hospitality experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- RoomKey, Aloha POS, and HotSchedules experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.