Social Media Coordinator
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world and therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God’s function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment as an organization to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International’s vision by passionately executing the implementation of marketing strategies though various channels of impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Build social strategy for platforms, course releases, book launches, journeys, etc—particularly developing those for growing engagement
o Build and oversee social media content calendars to overall social strategy working closely with cross-functional teams
o Manage social scheduling and posting across all platforms, whether directly in-app or in a relevant scheduling platform
o Provide insights for weekly and monthly post-performance and channel engagement. Report out on performance metrics and provide clear, actionable insights
o Contribute to business goals by increasing social media followers and engagement
o Analyze social media trends and implement best-practices
o Ensure consistent brand messaging
o Engage with influencers for promotions
o Write original, engaging, and high-converting copy
o Adapt copy to represent different ‘voices’ depending on account/social platform
· Content Curation
o Design and execute social media branding—particularly for social media campaigns
o Create and design assets for social media channels—as needed
o Build, edit, and caption short-form videos—as needed
· Other duties, as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· Familiar with social media management tools, such as CoSchedule and SkedSocial
· Multiple years growing various social media platforms in a professional setting
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communication/Public Relations, or other relevant field
· In-depth knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant social media platforms, and ability to adapt well to changes
· A keen eye for identifying trends across social spaces with an understanding to capitalize on them in authentic ways
· In-depth understanding of the nuances of posting for a “brand” vs “personality”.
· Strong editorial/copywriting experience, ideally with a digital publisher. Possess a knack for brand voice.
· Strong verbal communication skills, especially when corresponding with executive officers
· Design experience with an in-depth understanding of the Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator) and/or Final Cut
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Hands-on experience with repurposing content and optimizing for different social media channels
· Experience in new channel launches and growth marketing on social media
· Embrace a growth mindset, welcome feedback, and believe there’s always room to learn and grow
Colorado Springs, Colorado or Nashville, TN area. MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
Full-time, 40-hour work week non-exempt with the potential for occasional overtime.
This is an experienced admin position with a hourly range of $19.23 to $24.04 ($40,000 to $50,000), depending on qualifications and experience.
· Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Maternity/Paternity leave benefits after 3-year tenure
· Messenger will pay for renewal of certifications and required continued education