** Noa Botanicals has a mandatory vaccine policy, please contact HR for more details **
The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager. This role will be responsible for preparing and maintaining financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities and other related financial activities. This will include working collaboratively with the Accounting Team to identify opportunities to increase the value of Noa Botanicals. As an entrepreneurial company, this person will need to be a “roll up your sleeves individual” collaborating with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Local applicants are preferred; relocation assistance will not be provided.
CORE JOB DUTIES (includes but not limited to)
· Supports the organization’s health with financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
· Prepares & reconciles monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements
· Prepares and reports daily sales figures to Leadership Team
· Prepares and posts month close journal entries
· Prepares monthly KPI’s
· Maintains prepaid schedules and general ledger
· Assists with monthly & quarterly financial reporting
· Assists and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
· Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit
· Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
· Performs other related duties as assigned
· Working knowledge of State of Hawai’i laws, regulations and rules related to medical marijuana
· Experience working with billing/accounting system software/financial statement software QuickBooks preferred, as well as Microsoft Suite.
· Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting, with an understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
· Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to provide clear, precise, and well-substantiated explanations of financial events and trends.
· Ability to work well, individually and in teams, with a diverse group of people. Must have excellent people skills.
· Possess the highest level of confidentiality and integrity, a trusted team member with a strong work ethic and resilient mentality.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field, required
· 3+ years of related experience required
· Minimum of 21 years of age as required by state statute
· Must pass background check and fingerprinting, per applicable requirements set forth under state statute
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:30a-5:30p
Work Location: Honolulu HI 96814
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time