CFO – Corporate
The position of Finance Manager is responsible for developing and deploying effective accounting strategies across the country that ensures compliance and efficiency. This includes managing accounting staff, audit and regulatory issues, financial performance reporting, bookkeeping, and departmental support. The Finance Manager will also be responsible for development and training of accounting staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Rail car/Handling & Cleaning/Ocean Freight/Transloader (Deferment working monthly)
- Monthly working of Accruals (to be passed on to AP team going forward)
- Intercompany reconciliation to be done Monthly (YTD to be finished)
- Monthly Sales Reconciliation before closure
- Monthly Purchase Reconciliation before closure
- Cash flow to be prepared and shared with Singapore Head Office / CEO
- Weekly MIS reports to be prepared and shared with Singapore Head Office
- Weekly Forex Report to be prepared and shared with Singapore Head Office
- MIS files to be prepared and working on same
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as needed and within required deadlines.
- Prepare and submit required Export Development Canada (EDC) reports within required deadlines.
- Complete General Ledger (GL) reconciliations.
- Oversee bank account reconciliations
- Coordinate with finance team in transitioning responsibilities back to other finance roles, as determined and directed by FC. Assist in training staff and/or developing training materials for responsibilities listed above.
- Train, supervise and mentor accounting staff, conducting probationary and performance reviews.
- Housekeeping and system upkeep of existing accounting software, making sure it is in line with business and management requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation an asset
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution in finance
and accounting, or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a finance/accounting team
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years relevant experience in a similar role in the commodity trading industry
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including extensive experience
- Experience using accounting software; prior experience using Sage
- Prior experience using Salesforce customer relationship management
software an asset
- The ability to delegate and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships
within a geographically and culturally diverse work setting
- Ability to use initiative to identify problems and deliver
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with
a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential materials
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our first priority is the safety of our employees and their families. During the current Covid-19 crisis, candidates may be interviewed using web conferencing.