Security Intern POSITION FILLED/DO NOT APPLY
Job Title: Security Intern (Academic)
Reports To: Safety Services Supervisor
Arrival: Sunday, May 21, 2023 from 1:00PM – 4:00 PM, Report to Fountain Inn Lobby
Start/End Date: Monday, May 22, 2023 – Saturday, August 19, 2023. Employment may be offered upon satisfactory completion of the academic internship
Position Summary: The Lakeside Security Intern works under the supervision of both Danbury Police Department and the Lakeside Safety Services Supervisor and supports and oversees new initiatives as well as general safety operations. The candidate must be an energetic, self-starting individual. As part of the security team, you will collaborate with multiple team members, residents, guests, and management, participating wherever necessary to ensure smooth, safe, and efficient operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (To include other duties that may be assigned)
· Build positive relationships with Lakeside residents and guests
· Be proficient in verbal communication/de-escalation skills
· Provide effective crowd control
· Write clear and concise daily and incident reports
· Open and secure buildings duties as required
· Conduct patrol/security[i] functions
· Address traffic crashes/traffic stops
· Resolve civil disputes within Lakeside guidelines
· Interns will be on a rotation with Danbury Township Police Department for one 40-hour week
· Respond appropriately to alarms and call for assistance
· Set up, facilitate Lakeside Safety Town and Bike Rodeo weekly
· Respond to and make every attempt to resolve disturbances within Lakeside guidelines
· Will be certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED
· Conduct vehicle inspections as required for Lakeside sticker
· Will attend ALICE, Water Safety, and all other safety training as provided by Lakeside
· Each intern will create, design, and implement one independent/team project to be approved by the campus supervisor and Lakeside Supervisor of Safety Services
Education and/or Experience:
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field. Valid driver’s license required.
Lakeside Chautauqua is an equal opportunity employer.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the operation.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, portions, percentages and to apply the basic math concepts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions where only limited and standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, climb or balance; specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, cold, humid, hot, very hot, conditions and will be required to work inside and outdoors. These characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.