The Church Multiplication Assistant shall be responsible to the church, under the direction of the Church Multiplication Minister, for providing administrative support and assistance in all areas of Church Multiplication (church starts, church starting partners, church starting residents, campuses and networks, and people-group congregations).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Protect the Church Multiplication Team’s time by scheduling events and maintaining calendars, and setting appointments
· Facilitate communication on behalf of the Church Multiplication Team through incoming calls and email
· Organize and maintain the Church Multiplication files and documentation (resources, administration, recruiting, demographics, etc.)
· Manage all events and facility planning for internal and outside events by providing accurate location research, managing contracts and payments, booking activities and receiving registrations
· Prepare travel arrangements and accommodations within the Church Multiplication department.
· Track and report finances: Church Multiplication budget, credit card statements, and fulfill weekly and monthly financial reports
· Assist the Church Multiplication Team in strategic development of initiatives including, but not limited to Church Multiplication partnerships, Regional Campus development, and People Group Congregation development, etc.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Participation in staff meetings as required by the department
· Complete applicable weekly/quarterly/annual reports required by the department
· Participation on Missions staff team and available to help with other tasks as needed and as appropriate
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
· Manages details, tasks and projects efficiently without frequent reminders
· Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must do” priorities when necessary
· Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
· Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
· Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
· Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty (for Professional Staff positions only)
· Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
· Self-directed and proactive, level of supervision required is appropriate
· Is willing to take on additional responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
· Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
· Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
· Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
· Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH necessary to be successful in this role
· Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
· Maintains appropriate gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future growth.
- Have an appropriate PLACE and Strengths profile indicative of an administrative employee
- Be friendly and have strong customer support skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Have project management skills
- Be a self-starter and actively seek to recognize and meet needs in the administration of ongoing programming and special events
- Must meet BBC benchmark for computer competency
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Preferred Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, minimum of two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled