C4 Therapeutics is pioneering a new class of drugs. C4’s technology platform produces small molecule drugs that harness machinery already present in cells to selectively target disease-relevant proteins for degradation. Our approach has the potential to address a broad range of diseases including cancer, infectious disease, and autoimmune disorders.
As a member of the C4 Therapeutics operations team the (insert title) will support C4T’s science team, general lab operations and overall facility. The role encompasses a range of activities from stock room management, EH&S oversight, purchasing and procurement, to coordination of shipments and receiving.
- Participate in the management of laboratory inventory supply and vendor relationships; replenish laboratory supplies based on anticipated consumption rates; place and expedite orders as needed and verify receipt of supplies;
- Receive all incoming shipments and initiate lab shipments while maintaining safe shipping and handling standards;
- Interact with instrument and equipment vendors to schedule and facilitate service calls for both urgent repairs and routine maintenance;
- Participate in the planning, implementation, monitoring and compliance of EHS rules and regulations;
- Ensure staff compliance with standard operating procedures and best practices for laboratory;
- Responsible for glass wash and autoclave workflows;
- Involved in managing the chemical and biological inventory tracking system that includes Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS);
- Coordinate removal of hazardous waste by external vendors;
- Responsible for general laboratory housekeeping and organization;
- Participate in the implementation of new processes that increase the operational efficiency of the overall facility and lab operations;
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks and requests from scientists;
- Part of 24-hour response team for facility and EH&S issues and emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years’ experience working in lab operations or facility management roles supporting chemistry and biology constituents;
- Experience in handling routine laboratory chemicals and biological materials, and managing chemical and reagent inventory systems;
- Knowledge of lab safety and knowledge/adherence to regulatory guidelines;
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including lifting moderately heavy boxes, prolonged standing, pushing gas tanks, etc;
- Familiarity with HVAC, electrical, janitorial, and other facility related duties;
- Exceptional organizational, record-keeping and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner and able to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment;
- Must have a positive attitude and be a committed team player;
- Should be proficient with common software and have strong Microsoft Office skills.