Station Hill Next Generation and Student Minister
Department: The Church at Station Hill
Reports to: Jay Strother
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: June 1, 2021
Primary Officing Campus: The Church at Station Hill
Primary Ministry Campus: The Church at Station Hill
The Station Hill Next
Generation and Student Minister is responsible to the church, under the direction
of the Campus and Teaching Pastor for implementing
and evaluating a comprehensive discipleship strategy for Preschoolers through
High School students and for championing the church/home partnership at the Station Hill
Campus. This position will supervise and lead the Station Hill Preschool, Children,
and Student staff. In addition, this position will align the discipleship
strategy for preschool through students and will direct the implementation of
the @Home Ministry at the campus. The role is also designed to maintain the
vision determined by the church for encouraging and equipping all families to
make the home the center of godly influence. This minister must align the
ministries he oversees with the overall mission of the church while working
with age-graded ministers in developing appropriate venues for connecting
others to Christ, worship, discipleship and service. As our campus grows, this
role will also be responsible for the daily leadership and supervision of the
Station Hill Student Ministry (middle and high school).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
may include but are not limited to the following:
- Equip and lead the ministerial and administrative
staff that serves in our age-graded ministries of Preschool Ministry
(birth through kindergarten), Children’s Ministry (grade 1 through grade
5) and Student Ministry (grade 6 through grade 12).
- Work with each age-graded minister to fully
develop and implement all discipleship strategies and elements to ensure they
are aligned with the disciple-making philosophy of the church.
- Work with each age-graded ministry to fully
develop @Home strategies and elements to ensure that they are aligned with the
overall Church-wide objective in leading families in making the home the center
of godly influence.
- Work with each age-graded ministry to ensure that the
transition years of adolescent development and growth are recognized,
celebrated, and families are best equipped.
- Lead all age-graded ministries in leadership
equipping and next-level leadership development as it relates to lay
- Oversee the structures that support the preschool, children,
and student ministries, including strategic goals (reviewed semi-annually),
budgets (reviewed monthly and annually), and use of facilities for ministerial purposes.
- Supervisory responsibilities include Station Hill
Mother’s Day Out Director, Preschool Minister, Children’s Minister,
Associate Student Minister, and Next Gen Administrative Assistant.
- Work with each ministry
in the church to fully develop @Home strategies and elements that are aligned with the overall Church-wide
objective in leading all families in making the home the center of godly
- Lead this ministry to oversee enlistment and
equipping of teams of lay leaders to carry out the goals and objectives of the @Home
- Serve as the primary driver and champion of the
@Home strategies for the campus to ensure that all ministry programming,
catalytic events, environments, and branding champion the church/home
- Work with the @Home leadership team to ensuring
clarity of e implementation of vision and strategy at the Station Hill Campus.
- Grow spiritually and model to the student ministry
students, leaders, and parents a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Give direction to student ministry in the areas of
leader enlistment, vetting, equipping, mobilization, and encouragement.
- Plan all student ministry catalyst events, programs and
- Prioritize leadership development of students by
providing ways for them to lead out in ministry experience as it relates
to weekly programming, catalyst events, and a mentoring ministry.
- Oversee the structures that support the Student
Ministry, including strategic goals, budgets, and use of facilities for
- Develop an annual budget for all Middle School and
High School Ministry initiatives.
- Advance the strategic group ministry called LIFE
- Coordinate and support the planning of Sunday AM
- Provide and vet all curriculums for each program in
the student ministry.
- Work with student ministers from all campuses to
ensure alignment of ministry philosophy.
- Work with student ministers from all campuses to
plan, execute and give direction of catalyst events (Camps, Retreats,
- Be available for counseling and support of students
and their families as the need arises.
RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
as an important contributing member of the ministerial team at the Station Hill
campus, carrying out the calling and roles of a team member however called
communicate and work alongside campus administrative assistants, who will
assist with day-to-day work.
with and for all staff members on a regular basis and hold staff members
accountable for personal spiritual and ministerial growth (self-development
- Lead regular team meetings in order to
communicate clearly about strategic, tactical and operational goals. These meetings should also develop a sense of
teamwork and foster a sense of cooperation among the ministries.
- Report to the Campus Pastor at least quarterly
on team progress and initiatives.
- Oversee the pastoral care of the Next
Generations ministerial and administrative staff and serve as a resource to the
team for additional pastoral
available for preaching and development opportunities at the Station Hill
Campus as directed by the Campus and Teaching Pastor.
available to serve the church as a decision counselor, pastoral
counselor, on-call minister and on-site minister (as assigned). Perform weddings and funerals as available.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to be
sure that our strategy and opportunities are documented and available to the
church on a timely basis through print, web, and other social media outlets.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
In addition to the specific
responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks
candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that
enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
- Directs both resources and people (paid or unpaid)
towards the accomplishment of goals
- Maximizes personal effectiveness by focusing on
“must-dos” tasks and delegating other priorities to others
- Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates
- Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
- Develops both vision and strategy that focuses
team energy towards results
- Maintains a working environment characterized by
high levels of encouragement and trust
- Drives team towards greater innovation and
- Sets clear expectations and holds team members
accountable for them
- Clearly conveys expectations and priorities to
staff and/or volunteers
- Uses written and verbal communication in a way
that accomplishes intended results
- Adheres to commitments, schedules, and deadlines
- Regularly shares information with and solicits
feedback from staff/volunteers
- Demonstrates Christ-likeness and a commitment to
personal spiritual growth
- Leads staff and/or volunteers by serving and not
by asserting control
- Utilizes emotional intelligence, is emotionally
available to those he/she leads
- Invests in the development of staff or
volunteers around him/her
- Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining
the necessary knowledge, attitudes, skills and habits necessary to be
successful in this role
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- The gap between the current job description and
the employee’s current abilities is appropriate and allows for future growth
- A mature Christian who is growing in their
personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and service.
- An understanding of preschool, children, and
student ministries as foundational ministries of the church.
- Ability to lead a staff team of 6 by casting
vision for the Next Gen ministry and organizing the skills and talents of those
- Ability to relate well to parents of children in
the Next Generation ministry areas
- A willingness to be a “team player” both within
the staff, church, and community for Kingdom purposes.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and
- A personal sense of calling from God to
vocational Christian ministry in general and to this area of ministry.
- Can identify closely with the mission, values,
vision, theology, philosophy, and methodology of Brentwood Baptist Church.
- A mature Christian who is demonstrates the
Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual
disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer.
- The proven ability to identify, equip and lead a
team of volunteers.
- Ability to collaborate, cooperate and function
well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
of 3 to 5 years of experience in leading a in a larger church setting.
degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
All campuses function under the
governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity
operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each
maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist
“DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to
best reach its target local community. Every
staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled